PDA

View Full Version : This may be coming to a 'hood near you!

Wolfman
06-25-2008, 10:44 AM
Hey all.

Just saw this in the news. Pretty raw stuff.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/080624/national/dogs_poisoned

A tad too close to home as well, as a buddy of mine in London Ont., just told me there was a dog poisoning near him.

Out in Vancouver here we were just recently given a head's up - out at Douglas park - by a COV worker that people need to keep an eye on what their dogs are eating in the park, since there have been dogs getting sick from eating "apparently innocent" things.

I think that the city breeds all kinds of sickos, so I wouldn't be surprised if a serial dog poisoner becomes the next evil trend in a Canadian city.

Just head's up.

Wolfman

spreerider
06-25-2008, 11:10 PM
im in port alberni and about 7 months ago my dog was poisned when my wife took him to the park, luckily her friend lived close by and is a vet assistant so she gave him charcol and water right away, he was very sick for a few days but recovered fully.

anglo-saxon
06-26-2008, 01:25 AM
Takes all sorts to make the world go around...apparently! :roll:

I've seen this before, in Calgary. Someone was chucking poisoned meat over dog-owners' fences. Never cought.

My neighbour has a dog that is allowed to bark ad nauseum. While the darker side of me screams anit-reeze. The lighter side (8-)) says talk to the neighbour. Guess what? It worked out.

Having said that, I had wondered about the effects of feeding it a couple of bars of laxative chocolate! Frozen paintballs from my top deck were another option (if not for the dog, then for the owner)!

As it turned out, a simple "do you think you could keeep yer bloody dog quiet?!!!!!!!!!" seemed to suffice! (Bless 'em!)

What a world!!!!!!!

LOC
06-26-2008, 08:05 AM
Heard on the radio this morning the stuff was put out to kill Racoons by someone who didn't want them in their garden... apperently it worked, killed a bunch of coons, squirrels and the dogs :(