PDA

View Full Version : Need a little help

Untouchable
06-23-2008, 04:33 PM
A couple of m,y buddies that live in alberta want to hunt here this fall as our oil rig is going to be moving to dawson creek at the end of the summer. I read last years regs and it says I can only get one guy his tags and that I have to be there the whole time he is hunting. Is this correct or what? Also it said I would have to send in something a month in advance. What are all the steps I need to take care of? Can anyone give me the skinny on what is actually involved in getting these guys hunting in BC? Thanks in advance:grin:

whitetailsheds
06-23-2008, 05:28 PM
Done it a couple times with friends/ family from AB. Really need to know MU (Management Unit) u are going to hunt and species. Can get most anything with exception of sheep/ grizz, not sure about goat. But moose, elk, deer, b.bear, caribou, wolf are givens that I have had successful applications for Permit to Accompany. Yes I would do it at least a month ahead, but also had a friend do it thru faxing 2 weeks before hunting. 250-787-3411 is the Environment office, or 787-3225 is the CO service. Call 'em and they can fax you the application/ answer questions.
Application fee, I think, is $25. Once you get accepted, take the permit to Corlane's here in Dodge City, or Backcountry in FSJ to buy the tags you've been approved for.

moosinaround
06-23-2008, 05:43 PM
Does the guide resident hunter need to get a temp guide permit too? I had a buddy who's dad came from novascotia. he had to get a permit to guide his dad. I'm unsure but thought I would throw it out there to check on aswell. Moosin

whitetailsheds
06-23-2008, 05:47 PM
Nope, your Permit to Accompany is the ticket.

Huey
06-27-2008, 09:43 PM
No permit to accompany for sheep???

srupp
07-03-2008, 10:56 AM
no permit to accompany for sheep.

Steven