PDA

View Full Version : Predator/Varmint hunt

The 'Hummer'
06-19-2008, 09:35 AM
Having travelled through a few areas in the interior, and again just lately, I was wondering about the possibilities for predator and/or varmint hunting in a couple of spots.

100 Mile House - Little Fort
Clearwater - Valemount
Kamloops - Vernon
Penticton areaAnything of note in these areas that anyone would like to share?

Mr. Dean
06-19-2008, 10:27 AM
East of Kammy (Monte Cr. - Chase) I once counted 53 yotes in the mid day last fall, while driving down the Trans Canada. They were packed up in several farm fields.

Crazy sight,,, seemed a little weird.

kishman
06-19-2008, 10:58 AM
I always see and hear lots of 'yotes when fishing the Clinton/Big Bar Lake area.

The 'Hummer'
06-19-2008, 11:02 AM
East of Kammy (Monte Cr. - Chase) I once counted 53 yotes in the mid day last fall, while driving down the Trans Canada. They were packed up in several farm fields.

Crazy sight,,, seemed a little weird.
Thanks Mr. Dean. From what I saw coming through that area two days ago I thought I'd ask. Actually, coming into Kamloops from the north I saw one sitting on a concrete barrier between the road and a bank! Further along, between Monte Lake & Westwold I saw three on the edge of a field.
Thanks again.:smile:

Mr. Dean
06-19-2008, 11:51 AM
You're welcome Hummer.

I'm sure someone from the area can corroborate this. Too me it was 'freaky'. Never have I seen this behaviour or #'s before, in such a relatively small area. But obviously, the varmint population is more than just strong over there.

This woulda been early/mid October, 07

Elk-Aholic
06-20-2008, 10:54 AM
Lots of song-dogs around the K-loops and Clearwater area's. Always seen lots while driving. Farmer's in those area's are pretty good about giving you permission to hunt yotes on their property due to their cattle. Good thing about those area's is visibility is great so you can see a dog trying to sneak in or get down wind of you a lot easier, and maybe, just maybe you can help give him an extra airway.

The 'Hummer'
06-20-2008, 01:25 PM
Thanks Elk-Aholic. Yes, some of that open farm/ranch land say, from Clearwater to Valemount looked pretty promising for Deer and predators. I pass through there from time to time that's why I thought I'd ask about it. Thanks again for the heads up.:)

Junorr500
06-24-2008, 06:18 PM
Not to many ground squrrels south of the kelowna bridge.

Elk-Aholic
06-27-2008, 10:55 AM
Not to many ground squrrels south of the kelowna bridge.

Lots of rabbitts on Kelowna though....should make for an 'interesting' hunt.