PDA

View Full Version : Van Isle Archery Shops

blackwater
07-14-2005, 07:46 PM
Where are the Archery shops on Vancouver Island? I'm in Duncan, but don't mind a drive.
Who sells Bowtech or Mathews?
Names and #'s would be great.
Thanks

sealevel
07-14-2005, 10:23 PM
try buckysports.com in Duncan don`t know what thy sell for bows but thy have a online catalog.

timberhunter
07-15-2005, 08:15 AM
Not trying to knock bucky's a whole bunch. But if you want to go and see someone who has a LOT of compound experience, and is a hell of a shot to boot. Go and see Bill samson in cobble hill. As far as dealers go on the island he's got the most and best experience with compounds. And I'm sure he'd get you started in the right direction the first time. There's nothing worse than dumping a whole bunch of money into a bow and arrows, then figuring out its really not what you want.

Marc

Nails
07-15-2005, 02:16 PM
There is also Tyee Marine and River Sportsman in Campbell River. Also Tyee has a store in Courtney they took over Pete's sports. I don't know of any others that come to mind. Bill at Westcoast Archery in cobble hill won't steer you wrong, for info Richard at Buckys makes long bows.

Bow Walker
07-15-2005, 06:06 PM
Todd,

West Coast Archery - Bill Sampson - in Cobble Hill is your closest and best bet, bar none.

He knows his stuff, he won't "use" or "abuse" you, and he is very close to you. I am thinking service and/or tuning here.

E-mail him at bowtec@shaw.ca he won't steer you wrong.

Good luck.
Dan.

Eagle1
07-17-2005, 08:27 AM
Thanks for the kudo's guys.
30 years archery, 10-12 years working archery shops { 4 years my own }. Have PSE dealer school, PSE shooter school, Easton arrows school, level one coach , and just plain getting out to the shoots and meeting everyone, also have IBEP.

Westcoast Archery 1-250-733-2218
1510 Cowichan Bay Rd
Cowichan Bay

Evenings, and 99% on Saturdays {unless theres a shoot } stop by even just for a coffee and sometimes donuts, okay most times {Dave & Doug } and a lot of hunting tales.

Bill

Fred
07-17-2005, 09:05 AM
Bill, do you deal with Mathews products? When I wanted a new string I ended up getting an original out of Spruce Grove,Alberta. Fred

Eagle1
07-17-2005, 09:26 AM
Fred

I custom build all my own strings, ask any one here that has one of my strings, they have had good luck with them and no peep rotation, I use 450 + . I just need bow make and sting/cable lenght, and yes I deal with Mathews products, Hoyt, PSE, Martin, Bear/Jennings.
Bill

Bow Walker
07-17-2005, 01:54 PM
The do-nuts are good, the coffee is good, the hunting tales are un-edited and "full bodied", the camaraderie is real, and the atmosphere is great (providing you are not alergic to cats.

One thing that you should remember though is to bring your own shovel. The BS is knee deep and rising most of the time.

Fred
07-17-2005, 05:54 PM
Thank you for the info Eagle1. Next time I won't have to go so far for what I need. Fred

mistx
07-18-2005, 07:11 PM
BS!!!! We don't BS--all the tales are true! besides it's been ages since Dan has walked his bow up our way! :wink:

Bow Walker
07-19-2005, 10:07 AM
Heads Up. You never know. I might even be able to bring some goodies from my place for you guys - who apparently don't knowthe meaning of B.S. But I am sure you are aquainted with Cow Pies? ;)

Watch where you step when Bill is having his lawn "mowed":shock:

QnsCowboy
08-01-2005, 07:30 PM
stop by even just for a coffee and sometimes donuts, okay most times {Dave & Doug } and a lot of hunting tales.

Bill

Donuts????? You must hide them when I come by Bill!!!!!!

Llike it has been said, you won't go wrong by stopping in at Bill's...

Craig

Bow Walker
08-21-2005, 01:01 PM
:idea: Anybody up near Courtenay?

I was taking some much appreciated R&R at one of the local B&Bs and happened to walk into Peter's Sports for a look around while "she-who-is-to-be-obeyed-at-all-times" was in another store. Started talking to a guy named Rick Phipps in there. He is a Trad. archer, but I forgave him that;) .

:shock: He "kept" me there for well over 40 minutes or so, just shooting the breeze about archery and hunting and such. He was (and probably still is) a heckova nice guy who seems to know archery as well as I can recognize b.s.

I bought a package of Razorcap broadheads and got 2 or 3 times their worth in free information.

Nice place with lots of archery ralated stuff in among the regular fishing and hunting stuff. Definitely a place to visit.:p

Are you online at any time Rick?

One happy customer.
Dan.