PDA

View Full Version : logging on to HBC from different computers

newhunterette
06-16-2008, 11:40 AM
Why is it when I try to log onto HBC from other computers, I have to sign on about 5 different times before it lets me into the site?

Marc
06-16-2008, 11:43 AM
It probably has more to do with the settings on that paticular computer more then the site. Some computer settings or antivirus will wipe the cookies as they are being created causing this to hapen.

newhunterette
06-16-2008, 11:57 AM
thanks Marc

it only happens when I sign onto HBC - I will have to check settings from my computer compared to the others in the house

Ali

newhunterette
06-16-2008, 09:33 PM
I have 5 computers in this house and it amazes me that it takes 15 minutes or more to sign on to HBC from any of the other 4 in my house other than my own personal computer - I am the one who set up the computers in this house and all the settings are done the same - so it has to be something with HBC as I can log in other sites I am a member of without any trouble from any of my computers as well as friends computers

Marc
06-16-2008, 09:38 PM
ok so you have 5 computers in your house. Are they all hard wired into your router or are they wireless. What port is your computer plugged into? If you're hard wired in and the others are either wireless or after port one that could be why they are slower to log in.

todbartell
06-16-2008, 09:39 PM
we're trying to keep you out :mrgreen:

newhunterette
06-16-2008, 09:50 PM
ok so you have 5 computers in your house. Are they all hard wired into your router or are they wireless. What port is your computer plugged into? If you're hard wired in and the others are either wireless or after port one that could be why they are slower to log in.

the one I am on right now is Peter's computer and his is hard wired and the other 4 run off the router from his computer (wireless) meaning my computer is on a wireless connection and mine is the one I use 99.9% of the time - trying to log in from Peter's computer took me 15 minutes and from my kids computer takes at least 5 tries and from my laptop well I just end up getting frustrated with that one and with my mom's laptop it takes about 5 tries

Bartell, I expected a comment like that from you - glad u didn't disappoint me

Gateholio
06-16-2008, 10:28 PM
I log onto HBC form my home computer, my office computer, the computer at my other office, my parents computer and I've done it from internet cafes, too.

I never have had any problems that you are describing, so I suspect that there is some issues with your computers,and not HBC.

Steeleco
06-16-2008, 10:34 PM
Here too I use any one of about 50 computers, for the most part they all work OK.

2slow
06-17-2008, 04:23 PM
you may need to do a spyware sweep on your other comps. that may speed things up a bit. Are you using the same virus software on all the comps or does your personal one have something different

sawmill
06-17-2008, 05:01 PM
:mrgreen:Beat me to it:mrgreen:

newhunterette
06-17-2008, 05:39 PM
you may need to do a spyware sweep on your other comps. that may speed things up a bit. Are you using the same virus software on all the comps or does your personal one have something different

they all have the same anti virus (by the way thanks for at least trying to give me some advice as to the problem) I will look into that:razz:

Ya know Steelco and Gatehouse - I really am glad you can access HBC on all your computers - I can't, so I was asking for some help or insight as to why? I thought this was the way to ask but thanks for nothing.

Perhaps I will take the hint that it is a way of telling me "see ya":mad:

"NOT"HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE

Gateholio
06-17-2008, 07:48 PM
they all have the same anti virus (by the way thanks for at least trying to give me some advice as to the problem) I will look into that:razz:

Ya know Steelco and Gatehouse - I really am glad you can access HBC on all your computers - I can't, so I was asking for some help or insight as to why? I thought this was the way to ask but thanks for nothing.

Perhaps I will take the hint that it is a way of telling me "see ya":mad:

"NOT"HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE

If you don't see straightforward answers pointing you in the direction to look as "help", then maybe you shouldn't be on a hunting site.

newhunterette
06-18-2008, 09:40 AM
If you don't see straightforward answers pointing you in the direction to look as "help", then maybe you shouldn't be on a hunting site.

Ya know - I remember a time when someone mentioned how hard it is to see the actual emotion in a person's typed word (as in internet postings) - unfortunatley one can never really tell another is joking, sarcastic with humour etc. I have always tried to convey a little of the emotion such as with silly smileys (not always the right one becomes available) or as we all know the chat abbreviations such as LOL (laugh out loud - Laugh online), I also uses "hehehehehe" as in a giggle - which is sort of tongue in cheek

so I am hoping in your dry sense of the situation Clarke, that you meant that stricly speaking with a tad of sarcasm and humour "maybe you shouldn't be on a hunting site" (your attempt at being funny with me)as my comment regarding "taking a hint, was strictly for humour as that is how I intended it to be.

I am working on my computer systems with the guy who built my computer and he is trying to figure out why only HBC is singled out as the site with difficulties

again I am glad you don't have to experience the frustration with any of your computers

Alison

todbartell
06-18-2008, 11:53 AM
....lol....

2slow
06-18-2008, 08:58 PM
also try using a different browser than Internet explorer. Look up one called Mozilla Firefox and give that one a try if your not already using it. I have found it to be way faster on any site than int exp is
hope this helps

oh and ignore the nasty comments if you can its actually people like you allison that give sites like this a little bit of life not the ones that post the most

islandstalker
06-19-2008, 04:45 AM
lol just smash the other 4 that dont work.
5 is to many for 1 house anyways.

newhunterette
06-20-2008, 09:32 AM
also try using a different browser than Internet explorer. Look up one called Mozilla Firefox and give that one a try if your not already using it. I have found it to be way faster on any site than int exp is
hope this helps

oh and ignore the nasty comments if you can its actually people like you allison that give sites like this a little bit of life not the ones that post the most

thanks 2slow :) - I will give it a try - I disconnected my computer and sending it in for an enema (upgrade) so I will be using Peter's computer until I get mine back - it only took me 30 minutes this time to connect to HBC :frown:

also thanks for the kind words :p

lol just smash the other 4 that dont work.
5 is to many for 1 house anyways.

lol funny funny - try having 1 computer and 3 teenagers in house - that's like having only 1 telephone - good luck hehehehehe with that

newhunterette
06-20-2008, 02:30 PM
okay so now for all you computer wizards on HBC - answer me this question - I am using the main computer (Peter's) and it is hooked into cable not wireless - I open up internet explorer and I type in huntingbc.ca and it opens up to the main page - I enter my username then my password click log in and it brings up the "thankyou for logging on Newhunterette" message and the bit about if not redirected to click here and nothing happens - it has taken me over an hour to finally get it logged on yet I can log onto any other site I belong to with no difficulty - so tell me what is it?

and please no insulting replies - if y'all knew what I have been dealing with over the last little while (family wise) you would understand my sense of humour being a tad non-existent.

just asking for a solution if any one has one - thank you

Alison

Gateholio
06-20-2008, 02:34 PM
Did you click the "remember me" box?

newhunterette
06-20-2008, 02:48 PM
Did you click the "remember me" box?

yes I have tried it with "remember me" as well as just logging on without checking the remember me - it does the same thing either way

:( I am at the end if my rope as to why - I have unplugged the computer I have delted cookies and changed settings and re-loaded programs and still it acts up just with HBC site I even tried using our Aol highspeed hookup and still acts as sensitive as our shaw cable hook up with HBC - like I said I can to the homepage but as soon as I try logging in my name it goes bananas

my friend Dale took my computer home as he built it for me and he is checking other issues it was having and will try also to see if there is some sort of firewall blocking the site - if it is showing on my computer then chances are it is on all our computers as they are all built in a similar fashion for using - just strange that it is affecting my Mom's as well - so getting the wireless board checked out as well - just strange that Peter's would be acting up as his isn't a wireless hookup

just looking for other suggestions to try - coming on here is my escape to talk to friends and perhaps meet new ones who enjoy the same things - so I appreciate any input that could be shared - I am no computer expert

thanks

2slow
06-20-2008, 03:40 PM
Did you try downloading and using mozilla firefox browser yet allison. It is very similar to the latest version of internet explorer. Fast and easy to set up and seems to be more secure than internet explorer. If you dont want to use that then try this. Go to your Internet explorer tools open internet options click the advanced tab and hit the reset button this will return the explorer settings back to what it likes to use just incase your virus software has reset something on you

hope that helps

newhunterette
06-20-2008, 05:24 PM
2slow - I will try mozilla with my computer - I would get my hands slapped if I changed anything on Peter's computer lol - If I messed up something, he would'nt get his you tube addiction fulfilled lol

thanks for the ideas - definitely worth giving a try - I may play around with it on my lap top tonight to see how it works

RMG
06-20-2008, 07:04 PM
I occasionally have what appears to be the exact same problem, as this. You keep logging in, user name, pass word, and the site says you are not logged in. I would log in sometimes 5, 8 or 10 time, get frustrated and leave. Go to the pages, and view as if I was a non-member, couldn't post or anything. Then for some reason once when this happened, I clicked on the home button, in the upper left corner, and poof, the welcome RMG page came up. The site ran normal from then on. This occurs every now and again, not sure why. But going to the home page solves it for me. What seemed to be happening, was that I was in fact logged in, but either the site, or my computer was saying that I was not, and until I went to the home/welcome page, it was treating me as not logged in.

newhunterette
06-20-2008, 10:07 PM
I occasionally have what appears to be the exact same problem, as this. You keep logging in, user name, pass word, and the site says you are not logged in. I would log in sometimes 5, 8 or 10 time, get frustrated and leave. Go to the pages, and view as if I was a non-member, couldn't post or anything. Then for some reason once when this happened, I clicked on the home button, in the upper left corner, and poof, the welcome RMG page came up. The site ran normal from then on. This occurs every now and again, not sure why. But going to the home page solves it for me. What seemed to be happening, was that I was in fact logged in, but either the site, or my computer was saying that I was not, and until I went to the home/welcome page, it was treating me as not logged in.

thank you RMG for validating that this is something that happens - I was almost to the point of thinking I was becoming completely certifiable