PDA

View Full Version : Could somebody post my houmd pic's ?

Sniper
07-09-2005, 09:16 AM
Hey guy's I would like to put the pic's of my hounds in the hunting dog section but I don't know how to do it could somebody do it for me? Thanks for any help!

Marc
07-09-2005, 09:49 AM
email me the picture and I'll post it up for you.

marc@huntingbc.ca

Marc.

Barracuda
07-09-2005, 11:38 AM
this is the blood hound / redbone cross right? I would really like to see a picture . Does it look like its littermates ? are you running it by itself only? sounds like it is really working out for you.

Did you make an antenna for it or adjusted yours so it works better? hope the information i gave you was of some help
I have to make a new one for myself as i broke the antenna by piling a bunch of stuff on it on a trip a few weeks ago (I guess it is flexible not un breakable LOL!) We dropped both hounds in the woods in back the evening before last without the Tracking collars just the bells and boy was that a mistake. the hounds ended up across the road in front in the back on other peoples property those bells really are a help I highly recommend them them.

They did strike a track and we saw what they were after but were stopped by a 6foot fence the second time we let them loose(you would have thought we would have learnt the first time;) ) I sure am glad we are rural .
I am gonna have to do some fencing and hot wires .

Marc
07-09-2005, 01:22 PM
Here he is.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/85redbone2.jpg

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/85redbone.jpg

Sniper
07-09-2005, 02:32 PM
Thanks again marc for posting the pic's. The first picture is of our Redbone Brandy she is a full sister to ex bc guide (Mikes) hounds. Brandy is a hunting machine, hunting is all the dog thinks about she cannot sit still or be quiet from the time we leave the house until the tailgate drops. From what I have read in the book by John Wick (Walk With Wick), a well known hound trainer with over 40 years experience Brandy has a lot of pluses so far on her resume'. The dog has a huge desire to hunt in any weather has a cut and slash style of trailing game which is totaly complimentry to the style of the Redbone x Bloodhound she hunts with. The lower picture is a picture of Lucky the Redbone x Bloodhound, Lucky being part Bloodhound is much mellower than the female. When Lucky was a pup on a training run with some adult dogs a cougar killed 1 or 2 adults and hooked him by the lower eye lid consequently Lucky absolutely hates cats!! When Lucky strikes on any cat he goes from docile to ferrocious in about 1 milli second. Lucky should be super on Bobcats he has an excellent nose and has a fast drifter style of tracking game, he gets into the scent stream and runs rather than following the tracks. According to Kim Robinson in Merritt you should never breed to a Bloodhound because they don't have treeing instingct but so far so good. Ken

Sniper
07-09-2005, 02:42 PM
Barracuda, I never did do the antenna thing it's a little out of my field and I think I'd be able to figure it all out but not without giving myself a head ache first. Lucky the Bloodhound looks like he is going to pan out at this point seems to have a hell of a nose on him and if he picks the scent of a cat or racoon up he will often lift his head up and look right at it he doesn't have to search he just has a real good sense of direction where the scent is comming from. I saw the father of Lucky he was pure Bloodhound and the breeder said he used him on Bobcats and he was excellent. Ken

black 'n blue
07-09-2005, 09:36 PM
Nice dogs, are they for cat only??

Sniper
07-10-2005, 04:21 PM
Black'n Blue, Yep the dogs are being trained on Cats only there are so many bears around here now you can't go more than 75' from one pile of Bear crap to the next if they where also trained on Bear we would never get to hunt anything but Bear.:)

Fred
07-10-2005, 09:52 PM
She sure does look like Ex's Maverick!;-) Fred