PDA

View Full Version : Tell me your best Canada Goose Recipes!!!

Thunderstix
01-02-2004, 10:13 PM
I don't want to know any mediocre ones...only ze best! :lol: I have a couple geese hanging right now and would like to cook one in a few days.

Doug
03-06-2004, 06:50 PM
Sorry I did not see this earlier, I am guessing that you have eaten the geese by now. If not, there is nothing my recipes can do for them, but you could always use the maggots for fish bait...... 8O

I listed my own personal goose recipes on the forum. Guaranteed to please.
:D
Doug

Thunderstix
03-06-2004, 08:02 PM
Sorry I did not see this earlier, I am guessing that you have eaten the geese by now. If not, there is nothing my recipes can do for them, but you could always use the maggots for fish bait...... 8O
:D
Doug
:lol:

Crimson Viking
05-22-2005, 10:07 AM
This isn't a receipe so much it is a cooking tip. I always like to lay bacon across the breast when I Roast goose. It is usuayy quite dry so the extra fat really helps. Also the pan drippings have a nice flavour for when you make the sauce / gravy. I hope this helps even though it is a couple years late.. Hehehe Good Eating

DUKE
06-18-2005, 07:51 PM
I prefer sweet garlic goose balls. cut meat in 2 inch pieces. cut onion and carrots- add jar of garlic sweet ribs sauce. slow cook 3-4 hours.. get some rice cooking-- couple beer. ya baby!! :razz:

Thunderstix
06-20-2005, 07:20 AM
I will try that one this Fall.

Fred
06-20-2005, 08:27 AM
Hey Stix,first you have to start with a grain fed praire goose, not one of these local mudballs disguised as a goose! :roll: :grin: Fred

Thunderstix
06-20-2005, 10:33 PM
I will pm you my addy so you can send one up my way:grin:

ivo
10-01-2005, 11:15 AM
Take goose breast lay flat on a cookie sheet, put in the freeze for 10-15 min or till they are semi frozen. Remove from freezer and cut 1/4" slices like you are going to make Jerky. For each slice of goose put a piece of thick sliced malpe bacon on top and roll up, hold it together by putting a toothpick through it. Put them of the same cookie sheet, add sauce on top and cook them in the oven for 30 min on 400degC.

The sauce can be whatever you want: Teriyaki, sweet chili, barbecue...

Make 4-6 of these per person with some wild rice on the side and a good bottle of red wine and your laughin.

ruger#1
10-01-2005, 01:22 PM
thunder save the meat if it is any good, and get some more geese, and make sausage or pepperoni out of them, ive shot one down here and all i can say is it tasted like a sewer lagoon. ive seen mallards eating rotton salmon along the fraser river, this might be why they dont taste that good until the northerns start coming down.

Ken the Kanuck
10-01-2005, 11:04 PM
Zap the breast in the micro and then slice it thin for sandwiches.

KTK

Fred
10-02-2005, 08:40 AM
thunder, ive shot one down here and all i can say is it tasted like a sewer lagoon. ive seen mallards eating rotton salmon along the fraser river, this might be why they dont taste that good until the northerns start coming down.

That is pretty much what I found out too. After eating grain fed goose from the prairies there is no comparison! Fred

ex bc guide
10-18-2005, 01:13 PM
I shot a goose the other day and ate it the same day and it was pretty darn good mmm.
Mike

NEEHAMA
10-18-2005, 02:42 PM
steam and rinse them first.

pick up some of that chinese bbq pork/duck sauce the super red kind. cut thin and marinate and roast, it will come out just like chinese bbq pork!! super good.

Driftwood
11-20-2005, 07:52 PM
Hey Thunderstix;

Hello from a former Rupert boy!

Here is how we used to do Canada Goose back in Manitoba.

Take your goose and inject it with orange brandy. Make sure to inject all body parts. You can get injectors from any kitchen shop or Wal Mart for that matter.

Once you have finished this, let the goose sit in the fridge for an hour or so to let the brandy settle with the natural juices of the bird.

Place and onion or two with a couple of oranges (mandarin's work best) in the body cavity and close it up. (fork the oranges to allow juices out)

Place the bird on the rottiserator(spelling?) on the BBQ and roast away. Place a baking sheet under the bird for the first hour to collect juices and start basting.

If you don't have the BBQ set up, place the bird breast side down in the oven and cook as you would a Turkey.

Enjoy!!!!