2 Cloves Garlic, minced
3 Tbls. Spicey Brown Mustard
3 Tbls. Steak Sauce
1/4 Cup Red Hot Sauce
Salt and Pepper, to taste
Juice of 1 Whole Lemmon
Juice of 1 Whole Lime
Lime Rind, minced

Prepare all ingredients, combine in a large heavy pot, stirring continually and cook for 60 min. bringing to a boil at least once. Let cool and refrigerate. Make ahead of camping trip but be sure to take it along for a yummy campfire bbq.

Hot and Spicy sauce

1 Bottle Frank’s REDHOT
2 Sticks Butter
2 Tsp. crushed red pepper
2 Tsp. Cajun or Creole Seasoning
1 Tsp. Sausage Seasoning OR
1/2 Tsp. Sage
2 Tsp. Dark Brown Sugar

Melt the butter in a saucepan or bowl. Add all ingredients except the Frank’s REDHOT in saucepan or bowl with the melted butter. Stir butter and seasonings, mixing them thoroughly. Add the Frank’s REDHOT – stir until all ingredients are mixed completely. Approx: 5 minutes. Let mixture set for 2–3 hours before applying to wings/strips/meat. Best if allowed to set overnight!!
note:Butter & brown sugar can be adjusted to cool the mixture: the more you add the cooler it will be. I prefer the sausage seasoning over straight sage. Be careful with the sage as it can easily become too strong!

Jamaican Style Jerk Rub

1 Tbs. Sugar
2 Tsp. Onion Powder
1/8 Tsp. Ground Cloves
1/3 Tsp. Ground Nutmeg
1 Tsp. Ground Red Pepper
1 Tsp. Ground Black Pepper
1 1/2 Tsp. Ground Allspice
2 Tsp. Crushed Dried Thyme
1/3 Tsp. Salt

Before leaving home, mix the spices in a small zip-loc bag. To use, before cooking your meat of choice, just sprinkle mixture over meat and rub it in with your fingers. This will make enough for about 4 lbs. your favourite meat, poultry, seafood.

Quick Easy Rub
2 Tbsp. Paprika
1 Tsp. Garlic Powder
1/4 Tsp. Mexican Chili Powder
1/4 Tsp. Cumin
1/3 Tsp. Dried Oregano
1/4 Tsp. Dried Thyme
1 Tsp. Salt
4 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil

Before leaving home, mix the 7 dry spices in a small Ziploc bag. At the campsite, add the oil and mix well. Rub into meat, let stand for about 30 minutes and cook.

Leaseman
06-05-2008, 07:07 PM
Thanks Alison....wasn't going to have supper tonight.... now I have to go cook.....:roll:

newhunterette
06-05-2008, 07:10 PM
Thanks Alison....wasn't going to have supper tonight.... now I have to go cook.....:roll:

you know me - I am there for ya hehehehehehe