PDA

View Full Version : how do you select just certain quotes from a thread ?

browningboy
05-28-2008, 05:27 PM
How do you just pick out (highlight) the area that you want instead of quoting the entire thread? Like some people just pick out a sentence out of a paragragh and highlight just that? How do you do that??

kloosterboer
05-28-2008, 05:51 PM
I just Quote the whole thing then delete the stuff i don't want.

Ryan

Phreddy
05-28-2008, 06:41 PM
Me too. I just highlight the part I want deleted, delete it, then hit post quick reply.

Kody94
05-28-2008, 06:44 PM
I still haven't figured out how "mult-quote this message" actually works, or what it does. ??

Mr. Dean
05-28-2008, 06:54 PM
How do you just pick out (highlight) the area that you want instead of quoting the entire thread?

This is an example of copy-n-paste, then dragged over and highlighted with the "guote" balloon (4th icon over from right, on top of message reply window).

How do you just pick out (highlight) the area that you want instead of quoting the entire thread? Like some people just pick out a sentence out of a paragragh and highlight just that? How do you do that??

I still haven't figured out how "mult-quote this message" actually works, or what it does. ??

And this is a multiple quote. The icon is in the lower right of the posted message. It saves some time when replying to several different posts.

Kody94
05-28-2008, 07:17 PM
And this is a multiple quote. The icon is in the lower right of the posted message. It saves some time when replying to several different posts.

When I click the button it just turns red. What do you do next?

Hilgy
05-28-2008, 09:45 PM
I'm keeping an eye on this I've been trying to figure this out forever. I can get to the red button part too but then I screwed.

I can do the copy and paste thing but how do you quote just a couple of lines of someones post and still have it labeled posted by ______.

scottgreen
05-28-2008, 09:49 PM
What do you do next?
Umm you go like this? lol.

daycort
05-28-2008, 09:53 PM
I'm keeping an eye on this I've been trying to figure this out forever. I can get to the red button part too but then I screwed

I think I got it.

Ubertuber
05-28-2008, 09:53 PM
If you click the icon (the one that goes red) on several different posts, you'll notice that they all stay red. After you select a couple of posts you click on the quote button and all the selected post will be quoted.
Look at the begining and end of what you are quoting and you'll see [quote] at the begining and [ /quote] at the end.

Hilgy
05-28-2008, 09:59 PM
Just to try this out.
I just Quote the whole thing then delete the stuff i don't want.

Ryan

Me too. I just highlight the part I want deleted, delete it, then hit post quick reply.

If you click the icon (the one that goes red) on several different posts, you'll notice that they all stay red. After you select a couple of posts you click on the quote button and all the selected post will be quoted.
Look at the begining and end of what you are quoting and you'll see [quote] at the begining and [ /quote] at the end.

Hilgy
05-28-2008, 10:01 PM
holy crap it worked.

browningboy
05-29-2008, 08:19 AM
I'm keeping an eye on this I've been trying to figure this out forever. I can get to the red button part too but then I screwed.

I can do the copy and paste thing but how do you quote just a couple of lines of someones post and still have it labeled posted by ______.

When I click n it just turns red. What do you do next?

This is an example of copy-n-paste, then dragged over and highlighted with the "guote"

lets try this out

browningboy
05-29-2008, 08:20 AM
Sweet! Thanks guys, wondered how to do this??

Mr. Dean
05-29-2008, 08:35 AM

Yeah... like he said.

Hope it works out for ya's. ;)

Ubertuber
05-29-2008, 09:36 AM
You guys will be uber programers before you know it.

Kody94
05-29-2008, 10:24 AM
[quote=Ubertuber;287795]If you click the icon (the one that goes red) on several different posts, you'll notice that they all stay red. After you select a couple of posts you click on the quote button and all the selected post will be quoted.
Look at the begining and end of what you are quoting and you'll see

Yeah... like he said.

Hope it works out for ya's. ;)

That's too easy!

Cheers
4Ster

Gateholio
05-29-2008, 10:36 AM
Hopefully this has been educational, it woudl be nice to see less posts like this:

[quote=Mr. Dean;287888]Originally Posted by Ubertuber http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?p=287795#post287795)

Yeah... like he said.

Hope it works out for ya's

That's too easy!

Cheers
4Ster

:mrgreen::mrgreen:

Avalanche123
07-17-2008, 08:26 AM

I need to figure this out too

Avalanche123
07-17-2008, 08:28 AM
I need to figure this out too[/quote]

Did not work the first time

Avalanche123
07-17-2008, 08:38 AM

Avalanche123
07-17-2008, 08:40 AM
Sorry everyone but I just trying to figure this out...and obviously I am not getting too far,,,

Mr. Dean
07-17-2008, 08:53 AM
[quote]

highlight the text (click-drag) then click on the quote tag. Use the preview post option to see how/if it worked.

Avalanche123
07-17-2008, 10:32 AM
Sorry everyone but I just trying to figure this out...and obviously I am not getting too far,,,

Lets see if this works

Thanks Mr. Dean!

Mr. Dean
07-17-2008, 10:50 AM
Lets see if this works
EXCELLENT!!!

Thanks Mr. Dean!

You're welcome - Remember though, if ya want to "rip" a post like I did this one. only highlight their text and not yours.

BigBanger
07-17-2008, 11:06 AM
at the begining and [ /quote] at the end.

I think i get it .