PDA

View Full Version : GSP needs a home

farside
05-19-2008, 09:48 AM
I all. I know of a 5yr old female GSP that is in dire need of a new home. Current owner is fored to part with her do to a change in his living arrangements (apartment) She's a hunter so the owner wants her to go to a home where she will be working. She really likes to get out and stretch her muscles and her brain. No issues at all. Nice healthy well rounded well trained dog. I am going to get more info on her asap. I would be snapping her up in a heartbeat but I aquired a 2nd dog about 6 months ago and thats my limit for dogs. I need a bigger yard and house!!

Wolfman
05-19-2008, 09:57 AM
Sounds like a dream dog for the person who has room.

I already have two and I rent half a duplex in east Van - yeah I know; how lucky is that? having not one dog but two in Vancouver!? Going for walks is always a hoot ;-)

I hope she finds a skookum home with lots of love from her new family.

Wolfman

farside
05-21-2008, 06:16 PM
Giving this a bump. Trying HARD not to cave in and take her myself. 3 dogs is too many, 3 dogs is too many, 3 dogs is too many

BowHunter England
09-11-2008, 08:28 PM
where's the dog located ?

Spellow
09-11-2008, 08:33 PM
I wish I lived closer, I'd take her...but I live in Southeastern Alberta...I hunt with flushing springers, but I've been looking to take on a pointer to learn from.

I hope she finds a good home, I know how hard it is to part with a dog you love.

farside
09-12-2008, 08:22 AM
Hi guys

If you are interested in getting a pointer (all age groups), there is a rescue society here on the island and in vancouver.

Chrissie at vitalk9.com is the contact here on the island

These folks do great work and are dedicated to the breed. Almost all of the dogs they get are all fine and no issues but are looking for a new home due to family break-ups or address changes. Most of these dogs are companion anaimals but every once in a while they get a true bird dog. As I recall, there have been 2 so far this year.

They do not adopt out "problem" dogs until the problems are solved. Otherwise the dog just winds up back in their care.

3 weeks ago they were trying to find a home for an 8week old GSP.

Wildman
09-12-2008, 08:38 AM
Hi guys

If you are interested in getting a pointer (all age groups), there is a rescue society here on the island and in vancouver.

Chrissie at vitalk9.com is the contact here on the island

is that an email address or a web site? chrissie@vitalk9.com? or www.vitalk9.com....that does not seem to work.

farside
09-13-2008, 09:08 AM
ooops

www.vitalk9.ca