PDA

View Full Version : Chesapeake Bay Retriever.

Marc
05-18-2008, 03:38 PM
Here is an excellent video explaining where the Chesapeake bay retriever came from and what they were bred to do. It also clears up a lot of the misconceptions about the breed. There is a bit of pro America in the video but for the most part it's an excellent description of what a Chesapeake Bay Retriever is all about. You'll have to select the video on the right hand side for the Chessie.

http://www.myoutdoortv.com/show-microsites/a-dogs-life.html

Wolfman
05-18-2008, 09:14 PM
Here is an excellent video explaining where the Chesapeake bay retriever came from and what they were bred to do. It also clears up a lot of the misconceptions about the breed. There is a bit of pro America in the video but for the most part it's an excellent description of what a Chesapeake Bay Retriever is all about. You'll have to select the video on the right hand side for the Chessie.

http://www.myoutdoortv.com/show-microsites/a-dogs-life.html

That was very cool.

Though my lad is a Chessie cross, I can sure see the Chessie features in him - the attitude as well ;-)

Wolfman

NEEHAMA
05-20-2008, 10:23 AM
i had a chessie for 14 years. best duck/goose dog in the world. it was my dog growing up from a kid to a jr. hunter.

this dog would dive under water for duck cripples and get them.

very tough dog. i have a great little choc lab now. she is very birdy but doesn't have that same jam. if i loose a duck deep in the black berry's she cries. the chesssie would have bulldozed that stuff down to get it. they don't quit.

ThinAir
05-20-2008, 06:31 PM
Chessies don't know how to quit! My Chesapeake is 11 years old, but has the heart of a pup. My buddy bought a lab the same time I bought my dog and we would often have them out together. I remember one instance in the spring, the ice had just come off the lake and was covered in slush and frozen chunks of ice. His lab wouldn't go into the water past his toe nails, while Duke was out like an ice breaker having a great time.