PDA

View Full Version : Africa Safari

WoodOx
05-18-2008, 09:13 AM
Has anyone on here been on an african safari and have any recommendations as to 'what to bring'? Of course the straight forward things like your rifle - but those items which one may not think of bringing until theyre there?

and yes, im on malaria meds...

Gateholio
05-18-2008, 09:25 AM
Best resource I know fo rthis is the accurate reloading forums. Make sure to mention you are a Canadian. SOmeimtes there are issues with guns if you need to stopover in the USA.

WoodOx
05-18-2008, 11:04 AM
ive got the permits in place - no stop overs in the US.

thanks

Kody94
05-18-2008, 11:20 AM
I've been a few times. RSAx2 and Tanzaniax1.
As Gates mentions, www.accuratereloading.com (http://www.accuratereloading.com) is the place to go for African info. I am a mod over there (Canuck)...if you ask your question in the Canadian forum you'll find lots of Canucks that have been over.
Cheers,
4Ster

DieselDog
05-25-2008, 05:38 PM
Like the other guys said, accurate reloader has lots of info, also 24hr campfire has lots of info. The one thing I would recomend is to carry a change of clothes, camera, binos etc in your carry on luggage. Basicly anything you need to hunt if your luggage is lost. I also carrya $100.00us and 50.00ureo as they are universal currencies. Good luck, your gonna have a blast!

David Heitsman
06-01-2008, 02:33 PM
I wish that I had brought some inexpensive optics to leave with the tracking staff. They really enjoyed when i gave them my binos to look thru.

I also had a couple really fine cigars that I had picked up in New York on the way over. They made for excellent tips when the guys had done an extra good job of tracking for me.