PDA

View Full Version : Slow loading ?

boxhitch
05-01-2008, 07:47 AM
Am I the only one ? Noticing a lag in the rate of loading each thread. The Forums page or New Posts list comes up quick but there seems to be a delay to opening each thread. Just in the last couple of weeks. ??

Bow Walker
05-01-2008, 07:55 AM
I just opened your thread here, and it loaded up as usual. Have you noticed this slowness happening at a particular time of day? Could be the number of members accessing the forum(s) at one time. Might not be your machine, might be the number of people on the site.

newhunterette
05-01-2008, 08:00 AM
I have noticed a lagging as well at different times of the day - also I started a new thread this morning and it is gone - would be nice to know why as I didn't think it there was anything wrong with the thread - some strange happenings I guess with the cyber world.

Stone Sheep Steve
05-01-2008, 09:09 AM
I've noticed as well. Brand spanking new speedy computer here at work so it's not our computers.

SSS

Fisher-Dude
05-01-2008, 10:03 AM
I've noticed as well. Brand spanking new speedy computer here at work so it's not our computers.

SSS

Shouldn't you be working and not chirping on HBC?

Wolfman
05-01-2008, 10:07 AM
I have noticed a lagging as well at different times of the day - also I started a new thread this morning and it is gone - would be nice to know why as I didn't think it there was anything wrong with the thread - some strange happenings I guess with the cyber world.

I think the lagging comes from Alison posting so much and taking over the forum so much! ;-) ;-)

Now, you know I'm just hackin' on ya' Ali ;-)

Wolfman

BigBanger
05-01-2008, 10:49 AM
I have noticed it to.Thought it was my computer.

Marc
05-01-2008, 11:51 AM
Could be different things effecting it, how many users online, your connection to the net, your service provider, how many people downloading stuff on your street. Are they doing upgrades or service in your area.

I haven't noticed any big differences in the speed on the site and I spend a lot, and I mean a lot, of time online.

If your thread went missing after it was posted chances are it didn't follow the forum guidelines ie: advertising

Trapper
05-03-2008, 06:05 PM
ya its taking a long time for me to load on this site as well,its been like that for the last couple days for me,i also have a new computer,i can go on any other sites and have no trouble.

franKENloader
05-03-2008, 06:45 PM
seems ok to me maybe im just sslllooowwww

scottgreen
05-28-2008, 10:56 AM
Alright, I'll try to explain this as well as possible.

There is this thing called bandwidth, which each website has. You can pay more money for more bandwidth.

Every time a user does something, it uses up a tiny portion of the website's bandwidth, for the month or the week or whatever. Once more and more of your bandwidth is used up, the site gets slower and slower.

Some websites run out of bandwidth and cannot be accessed.

Marc
05-28-2008, 11:53 AM
Alright, I'll try to explain this as well as possible.

There is this thing called bandwidth, which each website has. You can pay more money for more bandwidth.

Every time a user does something, it uses up a tiny portion of the website's bandwidth, for the month or the week or whatever. Once more and more of your bandwidth is used up, the site gets slower and slower.

Some websites run out of bandwidth and cannot be accessed.

It's not an issue with Bandwith from the site as it's on a dedicated server with only two websites with tonnes of bandwith to grow. I'm thinking it's more caused by bottlenecking from the members service providers. It's not hapening to everyone at once. Some guys are complaining that it's slow while others see no noticible change.

scottgreen
05-28-2008, 12:38 PM
It's not an issue with Bandwith from the site as it's on a dedicated server with only two websites with tonnes of bandwith to grow. I'm thinking it's more caused by bottlenecking from the members service providers. It's not hapening to everyone at once. Some guys are complaining that it's slow while others see no noticible change.

Oh, I know nothing about vBulliten, so I assumed it was one of many on a server simply because it says Powered by vBulliten. I just googled vBulliten and I now know it is simply an installation on a dedicated server. Sorry. But bandwith is usually the problem with this sort of thing, so I assumed. Yeah, then I guess it all depends on your location, ISP and the computer you have.

bigwhiteys
05-28-2008, 01:01 PM
Marc, if you contact liquidweb via their 1-800# you can ask the server technicians to increase your servers allowable MYSQL connections.

Right now whats most likely happening is too many people are accessing database queries through the site Searches, Posting, Gallery functions...

Increasing the allowable MYSQL connections might help... This has got nothing do with Bandwidth at all. Your server has got plenty!

Carl

scottgreen
05-28-2008, 01:07 PM
Marc, if you contact liquidweb via their 1-800# you can ask the server technicians to increase your servers allowable MYSQL connections.

Right now whats most likely happening is too many people are accessing database queries through the site Searches, Posting, Gallery functions...

Increasing the allowable MYSQL connections might help... This has got nothing do with Bandwidth at all. Your server has got plenty!

Carl

Basically then, to put it very simply, the site doesn't have enough connections for all the people.

bigwhiteys
05-28-2008, 01:08 PM
It's MYSQL connections... And the server has plenty by default though, most hosting companies will limit the max amount.

Carl

scottgreen
05-28-2008, 01:17 PM
Yeah, like I said...There are too many people sending too many packets for the amount of connections.