PDA

View Full Version : dont buy crap

dino
04-29-2008, 03:56 PM
This is my wife and her grizzly towing me and my knockoff. This was about the third time this has happened in 600km of riding.http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=gWeoR2SN750

Big7
04-29-2008, 03:58 PM
Canadian Tire special?!!

Wolfman
04-29-2008, 04:03 PM
Dino

Was it one of them Wally-World/ Canadian Tire-style quads?
What ever happened to quality workmanship eh? There is just so much garbage out there these days. Lucky you had your Lady to give you a tow though eh?

Wolfman

browningboy
04-29-2008, 05:22 PM
I always stress, you get what you pay for!
That has got to suck, but guaruntee you won't buy another! Another good job by a Yamaha!Just keep on ticking!

todbartell
04-29-2008, 09:23 PM
the chinese quad looks fuel efficient :mrgreen:

dino
04-29-2008, 11:29 PM
Who knows what kind of machine it is and I dont care,but when I finally come to the end of my rope with it "end of 08 hunting season" I will pour gas all over it lite it and push it over a cliff.Yes I will be recording all of it! BTW I did not mean to offend anyone or any race with my original post.the machine is just a piece of junk. Im not racist,I own a color TV .LOL JK

Caveman
04-30-2008, 10:08 AM
I was looking into buying a couple knock off for the kids at about $400 delivered. I can afford to dispose of them, but when it comes to a hunting rig for myself, I wouldn't take the chance.

dino
04-30-2008, 10:41 AM
i could not agree more.
I was looking into buying a couple knock off for the kids at about $400 delivered. I can afford to dispose of them, but when it comes to a hunting rig for myself, I wouldn't take the chance.

browningboy
04-30-2008, 08:56 PM

Just remember, they don't test the metallurgy in the machines and parts thus making time bombs, if your kids are just learning and not going over 10MPH then fine otherwise I would have to say your nuts! (Figure of speech of course)
I have heard of many ocassions of people and kids driving those things and tie rods stripping off, handle bars breaking etc.. and they weren't going fast so it's like the old saying goes, if you think your head is only worth 30.00 then buy a cheap helmut.
Just a word of caution as I have heard of some nasty spills, be carefull.

Nails
04-30-2008, 09:15 PM
sorry for your miss fortune dino, however thanks for a good laugh watching your vid!

OOBuck
05-01-2008, 08:34 AM
At least your wife dragged your ass out of the woods, I'd most likely still be sitting up there..:D

tufferthandug
05-01-2008, 04:14 PM
I have a little 110 cc dirtbike to cruise around with my boy. The bike is a true Chinese P.O.S.!

Every 15 minutes something falls off, horn, chain guard, exhaust, LOL.

greywolf
05-03-2008, 08:33 PM
heh my buddy bought one of those little kids quads/dirt bikes, whatever it was , , i think it's like 50 cc , he can't even get it to start! , cheap chinese knockoff , not worth it at all in the slightest, i agree you get what you pay for ,unfortuneately, the days of quality for cheap are long gone :(