PDA

View Full Version : Needed! guided fishing trip for 6 asap

Rhys
06-13-2005, 01:26 PM
Can anyone help me out, I am getting married July 9th and we were going to go on a stag party June 26 on a guided fishing trip out at Sewells Marina near horseshoe bay, i called and set everything up and was just checking with everyone that they could make it, My best man's wife just had a baby so he's a little busy for planning etc.

Anyways he had some time today to call back there and the lady siad she had no idea about the trip that we were arranging, apparently there is a fishing derby going on there that day and all of the boats are busy. Apparently that is not on the schedule that the lady I was dealing with had since she said they were open and availble pretty much all the time.

Anyways my point is that I need to find something else like that where 5 or 6 of us can get on a boat or 2 and go fishing with everytrhing included for the afternoon.

Does anyone have any suggestions? or know of anyone who does this?

Thanks for any help

Rhys
rhysmccormick@shaw.ca

MB_Boy
06-13-2005, 01:43 PM
Rhys...........try Predator Charters.

www.predatorcharters.com (http://www.predatorcharters.com)

There are also a couple of charters that run out of false creek that may be able to help you out as well.

I will try and track down the name of guys that we used for a stag a couple of years ago.....boat was pretty big so it may be costly. I'll let you know if I can find the name.

ex bc guide
06-13-2005, 02:12 PM
Ryhs,If you are interested in going up the fraser give Aqua Ventures a try,Grant is a awsome river guide here is his web site www.aquaventures.ca (http://www.aquaventures.ca) or call him at 1-866-867-3474.Tell him that I told you about him and your wedding he may cut you a good deal.
Mike

Rhys
06-13-2005, 02:36 PM
Thanks for the quick responses guys! I actually called back to Sewells and put some pressure on them for messing me around a bit and looks like they can work something out for us. If they can I will be calling Grant, and even if I dont use him He will be going into my bookmarks for the future.

I love this site!

Rhys

MB_Boy
06-13-2005, 02:38 PM
No problem at all for the ideas. Keep Predator in your faves as well, he is supposed to be one of the best guides for the local saltwater.

ex bc guide
06-13-2005, 02:40 PM
Rhys, we have taken lots of big fish with grant he really knows the river if you lookat his gallery my family is in there as well as myself with a 6 foot sturgeon, it is under mikes sturgeon on the 2nd page.
Mike

Dano
06-13-2005, 07:33 PM
I fish out there all the time, going tommorrow! I know all the Horseshoe Bay guides well. They all know their stuff.
The guides have a derby june 26th, "Bill Thompson Memorial Derby", it's when they take their families out and socialize with the other guides from Sewells and Granvill Island. Kind of a kick off for the season. I'll be there so if you get hooked up with someone, let me know and I'll see you there.
Dave Korsch (Preditor Charters) is the guy who writes for the Province newspaper, always one of the top boats. Tough to book in prime time.....
Wayne Michie who charters out in the "Mickey Fin". Good friend of mine and also one of the top guides out of Sewells (from what I saw, probably the most consistant boat last year). He has a 26' sportfisher so there's lots of room for your group. I know he takes his family out in the derby (morning), may have the afternoon available. 604-582-0810 or 604-220-9492.
Other guys who I know and recommend Scotty on "Mongoose Striker", Chris on "Built for Speed", Ken on "Miss Ginny", and Mark on "Watermark". They are all in the derby although I know Chris Speed took out a charter last year (they won the derby).

Fred
06-14-2005, 08:45 AM
Getting Married???:eek: You are on your own with this one son!!:wink: Fred

Rhys
06-14-2005, 10:34 AM
Haha yeah I'm taking the leap Fred, the sad thing is she is a better shot then I am and she's not intersted in hunting yet. She doesnt mind if I go out and she says she will come with me, but not intersted in shooting anything yet. I think I have her sold on grouse hunting this year though so we will see if she likes that .

She is a good old American girl so shooting seems to be a natural instict for some reason haah!

Rhys

Fred
06-14-2005, 10:46 PM
How about some hot Squill hunting and staying at a hotel that is nearly a hundred years old? Coalmont Hotel and Squill round Blakeburn and area. For added enjoyment, do it on the honeymoon and with a Muzzleloader! :roll: Fred

3kills
06-14-2005, 11:24 PM
blakeburn area has some pretty interesting stuff around there...i wouldnt want to stay at the coalmont hotel though...

Fred
06-15-2005, 07:41 AM
Why not? It is under new management as of this past winter and the miserable coke snuffing idiot that used to run it is long gone. We have another pet name for that guy but it isn't fit for a site this fine!:mrgreen: Fred

Dano
06-15-2005, 09:57 AM
Haven't been to Coalmont for 25 years..... but sounds interesting:roll: .

I recommend fishing as it's picking up, I landed 7 fish yesterday fishing out off Bowen Island (Cowan Point) and then back along west Vancouver to the Lion's Gate. A few coho showing up at the West Van. Lab. Finished the day with a "Hail Mary" troll pass the Capilano marker and had 3 rods stowed when the last rod tripped and the line peeled off. My buddy Bobby ("Bobbeeee" ...he's french) landed his first chinook, a 12#. It doesn't happen often, but that fish that hits at the last minute can sure make your day!

3kills
06-15-2005, 11:31 PM
Why not? It is under new management as of this past winter and the miserable coke snuffing idiot that used to run it is long gone. We have another pet name for that guy but it isn't fit for a site this fine!:mrgreen: Fred

i didnt know it was under new management its been awhile since i have been out that way...might have to go out and give it a good look see now...and if u are out that way and stay there i m pretty sure there is an atv rental place there some where....

Fred
06-16-2005, 08:02 AM
Riecherts ATV sales is almost in Tulameen and between them and Coalmont(but much closer to Riecherts) there is a place that was renting and doing tours with ATV's. At least they were last year, this year??? Fred

MB_Boy
06-16-2005, 08:39 AM

I recommend fishing as it's picking up, I landed 7 fish yesterday fishing out off Bowen Island (Cowan Point) and then back along west Vancouver to the Lion's Gate. A few coho showing up at the West Van. Lab. Finished the day with a "Hail Mary" troll pass the Capilano marker and had 3 rods stowed when the last rod tripped and the line peeled off. My buddy Bobby ("Bobbeeee" ...he's french) landed his first chinook, a 12#. It doesn't happen often, but that fish that hits at the last minute can sure make your day!

Dano..........I have spent the last couple weekends fishing over by Thrasher and Silva Bay and done alright. I will be out in the local "chuck" this weekend. What have you been throwing down and depths.....if you don't mind sharing??? :grin: Oh.........and were they springs you brought in or any coho?? I know the ho's are starting to show up, but just thought I would check.

Dano
06-16-2005, 09:15 AM
3 Small chinook off Cowan Pt. at 55-90ft.. Caught 2 small wild coho off the West Van. Lab and 2 small chinook there too. Depth was 25-50ft.. Caught the 12# at the Cap marker at 51#.

All fish on Anchovy, I use the yellow/green (chartruese?) holder with the red peg. The flasher I use is the Hot Spot with dark green trim.

MB_Boy
06-16-2005, 10:23 AM
Awesome......thanks Dano!!!

Rhys
06-29-2005, 09:57 PM
Thanks for all the replies guys, we ended up going out with Bonnie lee charters, with a guy named Dave I think. heaaded out by the Cap river after dumping off some crab traps, and headed up and down in front of West van there.

I got my first fish about 6lb hatchery coho about 10 mins into the trip, then happened to be standing beside another rod about 30 mins later and pulled in a small wild coho that we had to let go.

Then I decided to let the other guys try and i focused on driving the boat back and forth, that was a lot of fun, never done anything like that before. We got one more hit about 5pm but when it was about15 feet from the boat it spit the hook and was gone, my brother in law was pissed he thinks it was a big one! Haha no one believes him :D

On the way back in we ppick up the traps and to our supprise there were tons in there, ended up getting about 12 lbs once they were all ripped in half and cleaned.

We went home afterwards and had a great feast of Salmon and Crab, we couldnt even finish it all so we sent a bunch home with each person. I gladly had mine for breakfast the next day!

i definately had a blast, it is something I would love to do again but due to cost issues i think it will be a long time before i can experience that kind of fishing again! What a trip.

Pics are posted in my gallery, be sure to check out my stupid hat.

Rhys

Freshtracks
06-29-2005, 10:25 PM

Way to go Dano ...nice chunky smiley there.

Rhys, good to hear the trip got off and was a success. Go later in July early August and the Cap mouth can be hot.

Lt
07-17-2005, 08:45 PM
I've guided for Bonnie Lee charters out of Granville Island for the past 6 years and if he doesn't have a boat he'll find one for you. He has two 28 ft Bayliners that are perfect for 5-6 people. He can arrange to have everything you need. Beer, food etc. You can reach Kevin@ 604 290-7447.