PDA

View Full Version : Steelhead Steaks with a Flair

newhunterette
04-17-2008, 07:10 PM
Peter and I were clearing out our big deep freeze and transfering our goodies into the smaller deep freeze as well as the new upright deep freeze he came home with. As we were discovering the delectable treasure we had in our freezers, we decided to take out some Moose steaks and some of his beautiful steelhead steaks. Last night we had the moose steaks for dinner, which I have to say were mouth watering and delicious so I had to think of what to do with the steelhead steaks so we could have them tonight :).

so here ya go:
Steelhead Steaks with a Flair

5 steelhead steaks
Marinade:
1 c of mayonaise
2 garlic cloves (minced finely)
5 sundried tomatoes (minced finely)
a dash of pepper and a sprinkle of sea salt
1 tsp dill weed (or dill as some prefer) same thing

Mix marinade ingredients and spread onto the steelhead (both sides). Wrap in tinfoil overnight. You can bbq them or do them in the oven at 350 until the marinade begins to brown and fish flakes away from bone. This marinade keeps the fish so moist and adds a flair of flavour.

I was complimented with "Honey, this is the best fish I think you have ever made."

Sorry - no pictures - it was devoured before you could say DINNER"S READY.

Dirty
04-17-2008, 07:41 PM
Did you use those sundried tomatoes that come in a jar at costco. They are awesome on fish. We usually just put those, crushed garlic , and lemon juice on salmon fillets, sooo good. I sense a HBC cookbook Volume 2 in the works?

newhunterette
04-17-2008, 07:49 PM
Did you use those sundried tomatoes that come in a jar at costco. They are awesome on fish. We usually just put those, crushed garlic , and lemon juice on salmon fillets, sooo good. I sense a HBC cookbook Volume 2 in the works?

Yes, the ones in the jar because they have a nice coat of olive oil with them :)

well not sure if it will be an HBC volume 2 (not sure Marc has recovered from vol 1) but I will be doing something - I have had a lot of requests for more - I am trying.

But you are right, sundried tomatoes are a wonderful extra to many meals.

Leaseman
04-19-2008, 06:13 AM
Finally, something close to what I cook!!!

Just pulling your leg Alison...I will do up salmon fillets the same...sans the tomato and weed!!!...;)

Mike