PDA

View Full Version : hunting partners

maouser
04-14-2008, 07:59 PM
hey every one well i was just woundering how many hounds men we got on the island and mainly cause i am looking for some trained dogs to help train my new pups and just need 2 get out more. and i have had a few ratcoon drags and my pups have done pretty good.

K-1
04-14-2008, 08:36 PM
It would be wise to post were you live. There are lots of hound owners on this rock, not much use telling you about guy that live on the south end if you are up at the north end. Also a little more info about yourself and your dogs would be a good thing. Hounds men can be pretty selective about who they hunt with and who they share their secrets with

Barracuda
04-14-2008, 11:19 PM
as K1 says, post a bit of info on yourself and perhaps some of the island houndsmen will come out of the wood work.

Houndsmen are a peculier bunch that for sure and they can be pretty particular as to who they hunt with and what info they divulge.

grumpy
04-15-2008, 10:20 AM
where are you at?
what are you planning on hunting?
how old are the pups?

Mr. Dean
04-15-2008, 10:59 AM
Biggamewalkerhounds seems to be a hound-doggin fool. I haven't seen him around much lately though. He runs cougars and bears, LOTS! Maybe try a PM???

maouser
04-15-2008, 01:27 PM
i am in Nanaimo
i am planing on hunting cats
but in off season would hunt them on coons.the pups are now 5and a half months now. i am a mill worker so on my days off all i do is work with my pups as much as i can. this is my first time owning hounds so would appreciate the help.i was also thinking on hunting bears two but not to sure mostly just thinking about the cats for now. i have two walker hounds both male.