PDA

View Full Version : Vanc. Is. 3D Championships

Bow Walker
06-04-2005, 05:22 PM
OK..........it is the end of the 1st day of competition. Where are the pics and the scores? Especially the pics. Envious workers (who could not be there want to know). Right now!

mistx
06-05-2005, 08:25 PM
Where to start......hmmmmm.......:roll: ... in total there were about 85 shooters over both days--the youngest was 6 & the oldest was 74--there were recurve shooters, there were long bow shooters, there were compound shooters--the weather held (just a few sprinkles on Sun afternoon) ... there were local shooters, shooters from Powell River, shooters from the lower Mainland, shooters from Port Alberni, Courtenay, Comox, Gold River, & Victoria on the island (I apologize if I have forgotten where some of you are from) & everyone seemed to have a great time. Comments on the course itself---generally it was found to be challenging but fun :-), which the scores reflected. The kitchen ran smoothly & we hope that everyone had enough to eat :wink:! Thanks to all that came & we hope to see you all again next year (as well as some of your friends!)
Mistx & Mistx's wife.
ps.maybe Eagle1 will post some scores

Bow Walker
06-06-2005, 05:40 PM
Thanks for the overview mistix. I hope that after the storm of activity there can be some scores and data posted.

If anyone else was there and has a story or two to relate - we'd all love to hear them.

mistx
06-07-2005, 07:17 AM
The VI 3D this year consisted of 40 target rounds each day for a possible total of 800!:shock: The stakes and/or animals were changed some after the shooting was finished on Saturday, so that a 'new' course was presented on Sunday!;)

Mistx -my class, MSR, I shot 336 day 1 & 304 day 2 to take third place (total-640).
A fellow I shot with, in same category, shot 347 day 1 & 339 day 2 to take first place (total-686).
Gblue -his class YMR, shot 304 day 1 & 280 day 2 to take second place (total-584).
The fellow who took first in the YMR class shot 316 on day 1 & 319 on day 2 (total-635).
My daughter, who shoots in the YFR class, shot 272 day 1 & 253 day 2 to take first place (total-525).
The fellow who took first in the HC class, shot 364 day 1 & 346 day 2 (total-710).

Bow Walker
06-07-2005, 05:30 PM
I knew that I was going to miss a good one this time.:mad:

Sounds like an interesting course and by moving the stakes in the wee, small, dark hours of the morning you must have messed with a whole bunch of peoples' minds. :wink:

How about a quick get-well cure for rotator cuff?:-D
Does anyone that you know of have pictures to share? That would be nice if they did and if the could.