PDA

View Full Version : Broadhead tuning

ribber
04-06-2008, 04:15 PM
Hi, just asking another dumb question,In the Easton Arrow Tuning Guide, it shows pictures of some groups shot with field points and and broadheads and gives some hints for bringing the 2 together. I my case my broadhead group was low compared to my fieldpoint group and the guide says to lower my nock point a little and reshoot. If I move my nock point my field point group setting changes too, Now my question, Do I have to se-sight in my field points everytime I move my nock point,or just sight in with my nocking piont and arrow rest? I think this is could take a looong time to do, sight both types of tips in to the same point of aim or am I missing the point of the whole thing? Thanks in advance , ribber

interceptor
04-06-2008, 09:21 PM
G' Day Ribber,

You are on the right track mate, sort of.

You don't need to sight in after each adjustment, but when you shoot the two groups you must aim at the same point, make the adjustments to either your rest or nock point, then re shoot both groups and so on. You should only need to adjust your sights once when you are happy that both groups are hitting the same mark.

I hope this helps, let us know if you have hassles with it.

Cheers Noel

4ptbuck
04-07-2008, 12:43 PM
yup, what Noel said.
Always aim for the same spot.
You goal here is to group the tips and bhs in to the same hole (okay spot).
Then when you are satisfied they are close enough, re-adjust your sight.

Fine tuning your sight should be the last thing done.

ribber
04-07-2008, 05:01 PM
Thanks Guys, It's not raining too bad here right now , I'll go out and try the bow again. and I'll update you. ribber