PDA

View Full Version : Christina Lake Gobblers

Pugster
04-03-2008, 10:29 AM
Hello All;

New to the forum, and it has already been helpful...

Wondering if anyone has any suggestions of where to hunt Turkey this spring in the Christina Lake - Grand Forks area. My brother and I will be venturing out for a weekend and are completely new to hunting Gobblers. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Pugster
(Peter)

Flyman
04-03-2008, 03:55 PM
Don't hunt the ones near the Land fill they are fat for one good reason I guess if you don't eat them it would be okay but then what is the point.

Have fun

Grant

pmj
04-05-2008, 12:55 AM
Yeh, the ones near the land fill have plastic bags and bottle caps stuck in their gizzards. Use the serch feature on this site and type in Christina lake or turkey or... there have been several threads on hunting turkey in that area in the last year or two.

Marmo+
04-11-2008, 09:41 AM
Hey guys...I'm the brother that's going with Pugster. I'm coming a ways to do this trip so am trying to be as prepared as possible. We are not able to do the trip on opening day, we have to wait till the 19th...would the Christina lake birds be spooked and difficult to find after being pounded for a few days, or are there just so many around that it isn't likely to make a difference? If there is a lot of hunter traffic up there would the rock creek to grand forks area be a better bet? Completely new to this as well...thanks for the tips so far and the other threads have been helpful too.