PDA

View Full Version : SVI Pheasant?

Spokerider
04-01-2008, 11:26 AM
Anyone know where a guy could take a young fella and his lab to flush some pheasant on SVI?

His dog is green, green, and I'd like to help him introduce it to game birds. Not looking to shoot any, just to put some up and get it acustomed to bird scent. ;)

Marc
04-01-2008, 12:30 PM
Not sure if it would be a good time of year to do this with being so close to nesting season. See if you can find him some wings and hide them on him and get him to find them.

YukonJack
04-01-2008, 01:23 PM
I think it might be against the law to do it as well....chasing, molesting, et al of animals....out of season is not allowed.:sad:

HuntNHookSports
04-01-2008, 05:41 PM
"Any person may train dogs by allowing them, under
supervision, to pursue game birds from August 1 to April 30." Page 17

Spokerider
04-02-2008, 10:08 AM
"Any person may train dogs by allowing them, under
supervision, to pursue game birds from August 1 to April 30." Page 17

Yup, I too read this!

anglo-saxon
06-12-2008, 10:56 PM
Folks, sorry to dig up an old thread, but has anyone any experience with Hidden Valley Conservation Club? See: http://www.hvccbirdhunting.ca/

I've read through their site and it looks reasonable enough a concept. A bit contrived, true, given that the birds have to be released, but then the pheasant isn't even indigenous to Canada and it supports the shooting sports so I'm for it, personally.

I'm looking at maybe getting a "half membership" so I can take my son along as a guest.

Thoughts, comments?

Carignan Salieres
06-15-2008, 09:40 AM
If I were on the Island I would be interested in that. Growing up in Alberta we had a grazing reserve just south of our farm where they released a lot of pheasant each fall. What fun! I would go out on my dirt bike and my shotgun strapped on; filling the pack with pheasant, bush chickens, and ducks and then back home for dinner.