PDA

View Full Version : C.o.r.e.

TDoyle
04-01-2008, 12:01 AM
Anybody have any idea it takes to have the CORE issued after you pass the test. I heard it gets issued on the spot. - True?

The Dawg
04-01-2008, 12:37 AM
If you pass, you get the documentation on the spot...

Then its up to you to take the results to the BCWF to get your card.

Then to the Gov office to get your hunter number.

Then to the local hunter/shooter/walmart store to get your license.

Then you can hunt :D

TDoyle
04-01-2008, 10:26 AM
If someone were in a hurry, do you know how long it would take to do all that?

I'm in Victoria if that helps at all.

reason I ask is I'm about to get into exams, but would like to get my C.O.R.E. now before i ship myself of to work in alberta for four months.
I do already have my P.A.L

Blacktail
04-01-2008, 01:06 PM
Most CORE examiners will send it off for you when you complete the exam

After sending the registration in you will get the documentation back from the BCWF in about a week and then all you need do is take it to the wildlife branch in Victoria or any government agents office in smaller BC communtites and your CORE card will be issued on the spot.

brian
04-01-2008, 06:04 PM
Its a two step process. BCWF was quick getting mine back to me. But then I had to mail mine into Victoria and that took forever. One morning I call them up (months later) to ask about the status of my hunter #. Fall was quickly approaching. She had to look around for a few minutes to find it, then said everything looked in order and approved it. I waited 2 months for that! So if you live in Victoria or close to an govt office that gives out hunter numbers, go in person.

Phil
04-01-2008, 07:17 PM
Once you have passed the CORE test you can take your test in hand to the BCWF to submit it. They will provide the documents immediately so you can go to a government agency office where the hunter number card will be issued and laminated if your lucky. I did mine in an afertnoon and that was driving accross the LM through traffic.

heliwrench
04-01-2008, 08:26 PM
I took my exam papers in person to BCWF in burnaby then proceded directly to the Maple Ridge Service BC branch (closest one) than got my hunter # card and the girl was nice and laminated both the BC and CORE cards for me total time less that 2 hrs