PDA

View Full Version : dog boots

hafwit
03-31-2008, 09:23 PM
I will be hunting the penticton/summerland area this year and am concerned about the cactus,and the damage it could do to my dog's feet. any dog men out there with some suggestions? someone said cacti go right through muttluks.

Barracuda
03-31-2008, 10:23 PM
a bird dogs feet will be fine in that area no need for booties.

Buck
04-01-2008, 04:55 PM
Yea you don't really need boots there.You may get some burrs between the toes which you can pull out.I was in Summerland this past weekend working my dog on Quail and she did pickup one cacti on her leg but that was it.Fellow i know who lives there doesn;t use boots on his DD's.Boots are usually used when Chucker hunting in the Spencers Bridge kamloops area..A guy i know uses the Cabelas premium boots and they work ok .I have some rubber boots made by the Lewis dog boot company ordered them from Gundogsupply in the states haven't tried them yet but they are supposed to be good in Cactis country

OLdstock
04-02-2008, 09:36 PM
Agree with the rest ,boots are not needed there ,tryed them for a day I found they slowed him down but carry a comb makes it a little easier to take a cactus out if it's stuck on his leg

ROEBUCK
04-02-2008, 10:32 PM
i tried the boots on my dog once they made her walk like a newborn giraffe!