PDA

View Full Version : Waders on the Coast

chriswharton69
03-10-2008, 11:18 PM
I'm down from the interior, where we have a small amount of men who like to duck/goose hunt. Nobody in our group has waders whatsoever and I would like to introduce them to the group because of the things I read on here. I need to know where I can buy a good set of these down here on the coast, let alone I wouldn't mind knowing of any good supply store for a bird enthusiast. I am currently residing on the west side of vancouver if this makes any difference. Thanks.

slyfox
03-11-2008, 12:11 AM
Italian sporting goods has waders.804 renfrew street in vancouver.

fowl language
03-11-2008, 08:03 PM
berrys bait on westminster hwy east of 6 rd. on the north side of the road also has a good selection of waders. but for my money cabelas is the way to go,phone the 800 no. and ask for their wader expert,hes really knowledgable on these matters, talked me out of neoprene and onto a loose fitting breathable thinsilate type that are very flexable and light.just my 2 cents....fowl

sparkes3
03-11-2008, 08:26 PM
we bought a couple of pairs from walmart they work good so far and they are not to expensive either

Sunny
04-15-2008, 08:29 AM
better go to buy from Cabelas they have the 800no can keep you in the cool weather they cost about 200 + shippment and tax I think is with and you can match with your jacket too

jsdboy
06-23-2008, 12:26 PM
try mountain equipment co-op. become a member and take advantage of their super reasonable priced stuff.

i know i know, a lot of hunters resent the anti hunting sentiment of the hippies that run the joint. But for some reason killing fish is ok...................

cheers!

Deadeye
06-23-2008, 12:37 PM
The 3mm ones (about $150) from Crappy tire are fine for the water temps here, at least for me. I use mine in a float tube all year at lakes up to about 1000' elevation, where I get about 4 hours at a time before coming in to warm up.

longshot
06-24-2008, 12:03 AM
My Son and i just get our waders from wal-mart. Seem to work well and cant go wrong for the price.

Longshot

Tarp Man
09-02-2008, 12:06 AM
If you are looking for entry level waders, and Canadian Tire and Walmart will have them this time of year. If you are in the Market for serious ones or some insulation to boot, Cabelas definitely has every other store surpassed. Italian Sporting Goods in Vancouver (on Renfrew) should have stock. Reliable in Vancouver should too. In Abbotsford, Hub Sports caters to fisherman but has a solid selection of waders.