PDA

View Full Version : Question about Pitt Wildlife Area

BeerBaitnAmmo
03-09-2008, 11:38 PM
Just a question concerning the Pitt Wildlife Management Area..... Does it extend to the river, or stop at the road. It is really unclear in the map (surprise surprise). I am mainly interested in the area between the dyke and the river on the north side of the road, shooting out over the river. Not that it matters anymore, but for next season... Thanks

Dano
03-10-2008, 09:17 PM
Just a question concerning the Pitt Wildlife Management Area..... Does it extend to the river, or stop at the road. It is really unclear in the map (surprise surprise). I am mainly interested in the area between the dyke and the river on the north side of the road, shooting out over the river. Not that it matters anymore, but for next season... Thanks

The area along the Pitt river running on the left from the crossroads just past Swannee Set golf course all the way up to the Pitt launch is part of the Pitt Management Area (PMA) and thus it's closed to discharge of firearms except during hunting season and only on saturdays, sundays and wednesdays. I have to admit it though, the Special Area map doesn't make this clear!
I would like to see this area opened to shooting everyday of the season becuse areas along the lower Pitt meadows farmlands are being shut down every year and guys need a place to go during the week. There is a small slough in there but access is lousy, it's on a decent flyway but I don't know anyone who has hunted it. Also, the crossroad is closed except for the weekends and wednesdays too because it borders the PMA. There are a few deer and bear in this section but it is only open to waterfowl hunting....
Dan

BeerBaitnAmmo
03-10-2008, 10:08 PM
Hey Dano,

Thanks for the info. I have been trying to figure that out all season... The map is very unclear, im surprised more people arent out there hunting those cross roads on off days, its one of my favorite places... So this begs the question, where CAN you hunt if its not sat sun or wed. I work 4 on 4 off so alot of my hunting is done when i dont even know what day it is.... Any info is greatly appreciated. Have some time to prepare now, a few trips to Cabelas and I should be set.

Dano
03-11-2008, 05:24 PM
Sent you a pm.