PDA

View Full Version : lost my best friend

coldbuc69
03-02-2008, 12:01 PM
Feb 22 2008 was the day I lost my best friend of 8 years Oscar.
Oscar was more than my dog, he had character that I've never seen before in a dog. He came to work every day, even when I would go in a helicopter. Everyone that met him instantly liked him.
Words cannot described how much our family will miss him.:frown:
http://s265.photobucket.com/albums/ii226/coldbuc69/th_Picture068.jpg

http://s265.photobucket.com/albums/ii226/coldbuc69/th_Picture014.jpg

http://s265.photobucket.com/albums/ii226/coldbuc69/th_Picture064.jpg

model88
03-02-2008, 04:36 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss coldbuc:-(

bsa30-06
03-02-2008, 04:39 PM
sorry to hear of your loss.

porcupine
03-02-2008, 05:31 PM
Very sorry to heat of your loss. It's amazing how much love and friendship we share with our pets, and how we get even more in return.
________
extreme q (http://extremevaporizer.info)

Gus
03-02-2008, 06:20 PM
Sorry to hear, that must be tough

03-02-2008, 07:09 PM
As in my PM, sorry for your loss.:(

Wolfman
03-02-2008, 07:22 PM
Coldbuc:

So sorry to hear of your loss. To lose a family member is very difficult.

Our thoughts are with you bro.

Wolfman

Schutzen
03-02-2008, 07:57 PM
Tuff to loose a good dog...my condolences to you and your family.

Sharkey
03-02-2008, 08:04 PM
My heart goes out to you and your family. I do know how hard this is.

calvin L
03-02-2008, 08:32 PM
I too have gone through what you and the family are going through . It is very hard to deal with . My families prayers go out to you .

Calvin L

Gunner
03-02-2008, 08:42 PM
Coldbuc,my thoughts are with you.Every morning I wake up to that familiar weight on the foot of my bed.He's 10 now,and can't hunt like he used to but he is everything to me.You'll meet your friend again one day,at the Rainbow Bridge.Best Wishes,Gunner

BlacktailStalker
03-02-2008, 08:43 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss.
He was a lucky boy to have spent so much time with you if he went to work too, I'm sure he had it good and knew it so be happy and thankful for that, its more than most can do for their best friends with 4 legs.

porcupine
03-02-2008, 09:32 PM
<DIV>This came today and is appropriate

<B><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Verdana','sans-serif'">A Dog's Purpose (from a 6-year-old)

Being a veterinarian, I had been called to examine a ten-year-old Irish wolfhound named Belker. The dog's owners, Ron, his wife, Lisa, and their little boy, Shane, were all very attached to Belker, and they were hoping for a miracle.
________
Dodge Tomahawk (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/Dodge_Tomahawk)

porcupine
03-02-2008, 09:34 PM
Obivously I'm having a problem with cut and paste
________
mexico hotels (http://mexicohoteles.org)

porcupine
03-02-2008, 09:37 PM
A Dog's Purpose (from a 6-year-old)

Being a veterinarian, I had been called to examine a ten-year-old Irish wolfhound named Belker. The dog's owners, Ron, his wife, Lisa, and their little boy, Shane, were all very attached to Belker, and they were hoping for a miracle.
I examined Belker and found he was dying of cancer. I told the family we couldn't do anything for Belker, and offered to perform the euthanasia procedure for the old dog in their home.

As we made arrangements, Ron and Lisa told me they thought it would be good for six-year-old Shane to observe the procedure. They felt as though Shane might learn something from the experience.

The next day, I felt the familiar catch in my throat as Belker's family surrounded him. Shane seemed so calm, petting the old dog for the last time, that I wondered if he understood what was going on. Within a few minutes, Belker slipped peacefully away.

The little boy seemed to accept Belker's transition without any difficulty or confusion. We sat together for a while after Belker's death, wondering aloud about the sad fact that animal lives are shorter than human lives.

Shane, who had been listening quietly, piped up, "I know why."

Startled, we all turned to him. What came out of his mouth next stunned me. I'd never heard a more comforting explanation. He said, "People are born so that they can learn how to live a good life - like loving everybody all the time and being nice, right?"

The six-year-old continued, "Well, dogs already know how to do that, so they don't have to stay as long."

Live simply.
Love generously.
Care deeply.
Speak kindly.

Remember, if a dog was the teacher you would learn things like:

When loved ones come home, always run to greet them.
Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joyride.
Allow the experience of fresh air and the wind in your face to be pure ecstasy.
Take naps.
Stretch before rising.
Run, romp, and play daily.
Thrive on attention and let people touch you.
Avoid biting when a simple growl will do.
On warm days, stop to lie on your back on the grass.
On hot days, drink lots of water and lie under a shady tree.
When you're happy, dance around and wag your entire body.
Delight in the simple joy of a long walk.
Be loyal.
Never pretend to be something you're not.
If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it.
When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close by and nuzzle them gently.

Elkhound
03-02-2008, 09:50 PM
really too bad. Losing a dog/pet/friend is tough

coldbuc69
03-02-2008, 09:51 PM
Thank you all for the kind and uplifting words. Oscar will live forever in our hearts and memories as all good pets do.

Thank you
The Harrold Family

jackson13
03-02-2008, 09:59 PM
I feel your pain. I lost my best buddy on Feb 26 2008. He had liver cancer and slowly died. You can see a picture of him in my avatar. He was 9 years and 310 days young.

Tikka7mm
03-02-2008, 10:06 PM
Coldbuc,

He sure was a good looking dog. I know there aren't too many things that anyone can say right now to make you or your family feel better. It's damn hard losing a friend who is so loyal. HAving said this, I'm sure Oscar knew he was loved by you very much being that you were such a dedicated companion....my sincerest condolences.

Spokerider
03-03-2008, 08:13 AM
Yes, that's a tough one....... Sounds like he was well loved and had a great home.

Sasquatch
03-03-2008, 01:53 PM
Sorry for your loss Coldbuc, must be tough on you. It sounds like your dog had a great life though.

jackson, my condolences go out to you. Maybe post a larger pic if you have one.

The Dawg
03-03-2008, 02:25 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss.

I stood by your bed last night,
I came to have a peek,
I could see that you were crying,
you found it hard to sleep.

I whined to you softly as you brushed away a tear,
"It's me, I haven't left you
I'm well, I'm fine, I'm here."

farside
03-05-2008, 01:41 PM
Very sorry to hear about your buddy. Many of us know exactly how difficult this is on us dog lovers

Wolfman
03-05-2008, 01:43 PM
My old girl is turning 13 in a few days and I figure it will probably be her last summer.
That's gonna kill me when she goes, but ya know, a dog has a short life compared to us but they REALLY live their lives to the fullest.

Wolfman

jerad
03-05-2008, 09:47 PM
my goldie is a 16 year old lab with cancer and she too has not long left.
when the day comes i dont' know if it will be harder on me or tina the dog of 6 years that goldie helped me raise.:icon_frow

my heart goes out to you on the lose of your dog. :cry:

our pets bring more joy in there short years to us than many humans manage to pack in to there long lifetimes.:-?

all the best, jerad.

CHilko21
03-06-2008, 01:21 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss...This past fall I lost my Chloe-dog, a black lab who'd been with me for 11 years, it was really hard on everyone in my family. Words aren't worth much, but the only other thing that really helps is time. Remember the good ones you had with your dog.

rocksteady
03-06-2008, 01:36 PM
Sorry for your loss, we had a boxer-mastiff for 9 years before she passed away....Definately a unique breed, they sure have character..

newhunterette
03-06-2008, 02:00 PM
sorry about your loss - Oscar looked like an amazing pooch

losing a pet is always sad but when the pet is your friend it makes it harder so my thoughts are with you and ur family :)

Ali

Moosenose
03-06-2008, 02:39 PM
That is a tough one for sure, I feel greif for you.
I can't imagine losing our golden retriever. For his first year and half of life he stayed with my wife who was going through some chemotherapy and spent about 90% of her time sideways. Now he is her closest companion, except during hunting season. When we first got him, that spring I thought I was allergic to him. She said, you better get used to it or find another place to live. Luckily it was just the spring pollen. Last fall he was on the deck and I heard a short high pitched yap. Didn't run and chase, nor make any more noise. I knew what that meant and showed up pronto with the 7mm. Tagged a nice whitey that day.

Here are some dog thoughts for you:

Live simply.
Love generously.
Care deeply.
Speak kindly.

Remember, if a dog was the teacher you would learn things like:
When loved ones come home, always run to greet them.
Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joyride.
Allow the experience of fresh air and the wind in your face to be pure
Ecstasy.
Take naps.
Stretch before rising.
Run, romp, and play daily.
Thrive on attention and let people touch you.
Avoid biting when a simple growl will do.
On warm days, stop to lie on your back on the grass.
On hot days, drink lots of water and lie under a shady tree.
When you're happy, dance around and wag your entire body.
Delight in the simple joy of a long walk.
Be loyal.
Never pretend to be something you're not.
If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it.
When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close by and nuzzle them gently.
ENJOY EVERY MOMENT OF EVERY DAY!!!!!