PDA

View Full Version : Who else is thinking more about tomorrow then today?

Ian F.
02-29-2008, 09:15 AM
Brant season opens in the morning, can't wait!

Anyone else heading out?

Ian

riflebuilder
02-29-2008, 09:23 AM
I would love to hunt these birds someday. Anyone open to offers?

Phoneguy
02-29-2008, 09:47 AM
Brant season opens in the morning, can't wait!

Anyone else heading out?

Ian

Need a partner, might be able to get away for part of the day?

James

mattchu_19
02-29-2008, 10:24 AM
I think I'm going on Sunday

porcupine
02-29-2008, 10:28 AM
I sure wish that we could hunt them on the Island.
________
Galleria Ferrari history (http://www.ferrari-wiki.com/wiki/Galleria_Ferrari)

Gunner
02-29-2008, 08:40 PM
I'll be down midweek for 2-3 days,I'm staying home this weekend to hunt nuisance geese,and there's lots of them! Gunner :mrgreen:

f350ps
02-29-2008, 10:28 PM
I'll be out for the whole 10 days, hope it's worth it. Tides suck for the first few days. Have ya talked to the nipple lately Gunner? I guess yer goin with Bob eh? Good Luck to all. K

longshot
02-29-2008, 10:58 PM
It would be nice to hunt them, but here on the island we don't have a season.

Longshot

Gunner
03-01-2008, 01:13 PM
I'll be out for the whole 10 days, hope it's worth it. Tides suck for the first few days. Have ya talked to the nipple lately Gunner? I guess yer goin with Bob eh? Good Luck to all. KI guess you didn't know Kelly,the Nipple fell out of a tree in his front yard and broke 4 ribs,no brant hunting for him this year!:mrgreen: I should make it down Tuesday,I'll be hunting with Bob in BB.We got 10 Canada's this morning and I'll be back out tomorrow.Gotta save the golf courses! Cheers,Gunner

Dano
03-01-2008, 03:27 PM
Tom and I hit the marsh this morning. We had one flurry of birds which lasted 10 minutes and we managed to drop 6! First pair in we nailed them both, the next pair were long but Tom shot and dropped one, then 4 came over my side and I thought I got two with one shot (but Tom shot at the same time) and Tom dropped a second bird from that flight.
I took the dog to look for Tom's long shot, it had hit a small channel and although we spent close to an hour down that way Maddy couldn't find it... While we were there a pair came in and I missed a shot I should make (three shots actually). Then 4 came by and I knocked one out of that flight.
We ended up taking home 6, going again tommorrow.
Dan
P.S. Sorry for the crappy pic, daughter had the camera in her purse so I couldn't find it this morning!

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa264/Canso_Dan/dangeese.jpg

f350ps
03-01-2008, 07:39 PM
Ya Gunner, that's was why I said yer prolly goin with Smith. Cheap bas@#%d shoulda called a tree trimmer, he ain't 25 no more. I wouldn't hurry down it's pretty slim pickens right now. J and I did manage to knock 3 down but it was sh#t house luck. I don't think there was 10 birds shot today for both sides.We'll see what the morning brings. K

Ian F.
03-01-2008, 08:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6JxHBotjrA

Pretty lumpy on the eastside, went out for a look and never even set up...

Hope tomorrow is better,

Ian