PDA

View Full Version : Archery Equipment

Gus
02-28-2008, 07:33 PM
Just curious, where do you guys like to purchase your bow riggin from?

Sideofabarn
02-28-2008, 07:40 PM
Well, are you hoping to go local, or are you willing to look further afield? If you come out to visit in Alberta, I'll take you to Calgary Archery Centre, and Jim Bow's Archery. There's a new store in Kelowna that's supposed to be good, and there a a couple of stores in Northern BC, Backcountry in FSJ, and a store in Dawson I can't remember the name of. There is also a store in Grande Prairie and again I can't remember the name. Are you getting a graduation Bow as well?

Gus
02-28-2008, 07:43 PM
:D no, just going to be needing some gear for spring bear

Sideofabarn
02-28-2008, 07:48 PM
Are you heading up to Chetwynd in the next little while?

Gus
02-28-2008, 07:53 PM
Doubt it..

Kody94
02-28-2008, 08:05 PM
For all my Trad supplies: Windfeather Archery (Monty Evin) in Cranbrook BC
For my wheel bow equipment: Kootenay Archery (Kevin Evans) in Jaffray BC

The archery place you are trying to think of in Grande Prairie is probably Bartons.

Dawson Creek is probably Corlanes (I don't recall another outdoor shop there anyway...)

Sideofabarn
02-28-2008, 08:05 PM
OK, I was going to suggest taking a run up to Dawson if you're in the 'wynd before the bears wake up Thanks SSSSter, those are the names I was looking for...

Derek_Erickson
02-28-2008, 08:08 PM
Hard to tell when we dont know where your from

Bowzone_Mikey
02-28-2008, 08:10 PM
Best prices in Canada are from National Archery Supply ...

Pm me and i can give you a further discount

Sideofabarn
02-28-2008, 08:16 PM
Ok Mikey, you have my attention. Do your price include appropriate taxes?

Bowzone_Mikey
02-28-2008, 08:19 PM
pm on its way Barn man

Sideofabarn
02-28-2008, 08:28 PM
Thanks Mikey, got it

Will
02-28-2008, 08:52 PM
I've bought alot of stuff from 3 Rivers Archery in the states......very quick shipping but you pay for it.

Great selection for the Trad guys though:cool:

Bow Walker
02-28-2008, 09:00 PM
I'd recommend that you seriously consider National Archery. Knowledgable people and best of all NO border hassles.

Sideofabarn
02-28-2008, 09:04 PM
Three rivers is kinda neat. If you're ever in Indiana, make a point of going there. It's a warehouse for men

02-28-2008, 09:21 PM
I use Boorman Archery in New Westminster.

http://www.boormanarchery.com/

Bow Walker
02-28-2008, 11:05 PM
OK Gus - you gonna use mail order, local drop-in and browse, or cross border shopping?

It does make a difference as to what and where it is best to buy and also who to buy from.

Gus
02-29-2008, 11:48 AM
Thanks for the info guys, keep it comming if you got it.

OK Gus - you gonna use mail order, local drop-in and browse, or cross border shopping?

It does make a difference as to what and where it is best to buy and also who to buy from.

I didnt specify because I was looking for a variety of answers, part of it being to see if most guys order in or buy from their local shops.

Ron.C
02-29-2008, 12:00 PM
I do alot of mailorder, and am not loyal to any buisness, but see who gives the best price. I am all for supporting local buisness, but were very limited her on Vancouver Island as far as Archery shops go, and the ones I have been to have a huge mark up on their prices. If you know exactly what you want, you can't get any cheaper then mailorder, especially with our strong dollar right now, a great time to shop from US stores like Cableas and others. If you are after a bow, don't buy a bow blind. Try and get your hands on as many as possible and see what suits you best before you dump hundred's of dollars on something you'll regret. It is hard to do if there isn't an archery dealer near you. Try hitting archery shoots/events In general I've found that archers are very proud of the gear they shoot and like showing it off, or letting others try it. A great place to see /try new gear and see if it's right for you.

Ron

threedhunter
02-29-2008, 12:12 PM
barn, there is a shop near you , it is t&s archery, ted stern is the owner, very knowledgeable , may have a range to try bows, i can't remember[crs]. he has his shop at his house, just south of george,has both trad and compound gear and accessories.prices?check with him , he may make a pretty good deal .threedhunter.:wink:

tomahawk
02-29-2008, 01:50 PM
T&F Country Sports in PG, go see Ted, he will give you customer service like you've never had before and good prices.

Will
02-29-2008, 05:13 PM
I'd recommend that you seriously consider National Archery. Knowledgable people and best of all NO border hassles.
National looks to be a Great Place ! But I did try and order some Gold Tip Carbons from them........I asked about availablility on them.....they said they were checking on a price (I did not ask for a price...) and would get back to me.........they never did. (twice actually :sad:)

But I've ordered shafts,feathers, strings,gloves, broadheads, knocks, tips, wax, glues etc. etc. etc. and have Never ever had a Border Hassle ?
Most items are shipped very quickly and in fact I've never waited for more then 2 weeks........alot of Canadian Mail order places take longer.

Saved a heck of alot of dollars too, believe me I looked around.....I do like to support Local stores but I'm not exactly rich niether and must maximise my dollars for my "Fun stuff"

If that means Mail order from the US then so be it............:redface:

http://www.3riversarchery.com/Index.asp

MattB
02-29-2008, 05:27 PM
I've heard some good reviews on this Scorpion bow, it even comes with 6 arrows! Plus, I think it suits ya!

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2665456

Gus
02-29-2008, 05:29 PM
Done!! I'm trading in the 300 win mag!

willyqbc
02-29-2008, 05:30 PM
Will, Jason at National archery Supply was indeed having some growing pains a while back (particularly in the warehouse), but it seems to be taken care of now. I buy a LOT of stuff from them and they will bend over backwards to treat you right. Best bet is if you need to phone them about something ask to speak to Jason directly. Some benefits to shopping at national are....GREAT prices, only 5% tax, no duties at the border, shipping on larger orders is free. Also if you log in to ther site using my login info..... (username owner_467, password: Chris) you will recieve an additional discount! You can also contact bowzone Mikey and login under his account to recieve the discount as well.

oh...and yes I am sponsored by them, but I was buying from them long before they sponsored me....I got 6 archers in the family, i gotta go with the best prices i can!! :biggrin:

Chris

pupper
02-29-2008, 05:50 PM
online use national archery supply,
if you want to go to a person with great knowledge, go see wayne at big game archery in abbotsford-604-859-2086
or hub sports

Bowzone_Mikey
02-29-2008, 05:52 PM
ya ok then .. since Chris threw out his discount ..here is mine ...

user: chott_672
pass: cartwright

it dont matter whos ya use you will get the same deal ... would be nice to mix it up tho .... as NAS tracks us ;)
Help us both keep our jobs ;)

Will
02-29-2008, 07:29 PM
Will, Jason at National archery Supply was indeed having some growing pains a while back (particularly in the warehouse), but it seems to be taken care of now. I buy a LOT of stuff from them and they will bend over backwards to treat you right. Best bet is if you need to phone them about something ask to speak to Jason directly. Some benefits to shopping at national are....GREAT prices, only 5% tax, no duties at the border, shipping on larger orders is free. Also if you log in to ther site using my login info..... (username owner_467, password: Chris) you will recieve an additional discount! You can also contact bowzone Mikey and login under his account to recieve the discount as well.

Mighty Thanks............:grin:

Will definately give em another Go I'm sure ! ;)

sealevel
02-29-2008, 07:54 PM
Anyone around this area Kevin riemer at wildside texadermy sells bowtech and mathews. Good guy fast and knows what he is doing .

Will
02-29-2008, 09:14 PM
I've heard some good reviews on this Scorpion bow, it even comes with 6 arrows! Plus, I think it suits ya!

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2665456
You'll shoot your eye out with that thing.....

Bow Walker
03-01-2008, 01:20 AM
For my archery money I'm going to give NAS first crack at the order. I think we are all in the same boat as far as $$$ are concerneed (well, maybe not hermit) so "biggest bang for the buck" is a prime concern. But - so is customer service and quality of equipment.

greybark
03-01-2008, 11:18 AM
8-) Monty`s the man from Windfeather Archery In Cranbrook , informed and will talk . Pn# 250-426-8565

stickbow
03-01-2008, 11:30 AM
8-) Monty`s the man from Windfeather Archery In Cranbrook , informed and will talk . Pn# 250-426-8565
x 2 :smile: