PDA

View Full Version : Feb 24th

Crazy_Farmer
02-24-2008, 12:45 PM
Some people on sunday go to the house of the lord, we like spend the day in the house of the outdoors. :mrgreen:

Yea we did okay for 3 guys :shock:

http://members.shaw.ca/stevensml/hunting/fed24.jpg

Schutzen
02-24-2008, 06:43 PM
Farmer
Jeez man I'll say you did good. Nice haul o gankers there. That a Benelli a leanin on the tailgate?

Marc
02-24-2008, 07:01 PM
Good shooting for sure.

BearSniper
02-24-2008, 07:08 PM
Good work :smile: nice haul of geese.

By the way... its ok to go to the house of the Lord in the morning and hunt in the afternoon......just don't get paid for it ;-)

Hunting is not work.

The Good Lord's creation was intended for you to enjoy, and his animals were meant for you to consume.

Looks like you had a great day !

Wolfman
02-24-2008, 07:40 PM
The outdoors is my church.

Where better to be close to the big guy than in nature!?

Nice catch guy.

Wolfman

rishu_pepper
02-24-2008, 08:59 PM
Good work :smile: nice haul of geese.

By the way... its ok to go to the house of the Lord in the morning and hunt in the afternoon......just don't get paid for it ;-)

Hunting is not work.

The Good Lord's creation was intended for you to enjoy, and his animals were meant for you to consume.

Looks like you had a great day !

Couldn't put it better myself, BearSniper! :smile: Church in the morning, then a goose hunt enjoying the magnificent sunset, thank the Lord for both the goose and the scenery :-)

Crazy_Farmer
02-24-2008, 09:26 PM
That a Benelli a leanin on the tailgate?

Yea thats my brothers(mattchu_19) sbe2, he loves it, I thought about getting one but the forearm weight seems way to light, they have a shorter mag then others I believe so it throws off the balance of the gun to me, but hey thats just me, and my sx2 seems to do the job.

longshot
02-24-2008, 11:02 PM
Good hunt.

I agree Wolfman. The outdoors is the best place to be. Espeacially when hunting. :grin:

Dano
02-25-2008, 08:08 PM
You guys did great CF! You field guys did a lot better than I did out at the Pitt.
Not too many birds flying where we were. Saturday I had a late cancellation and went by myself as a result. First 10 minutes I had a single fly up the slough and I called it over to about 30 yards. Dropped it and thought to myself I was in for a good day! Of course it didn't turn out that way.....
I called in 2 more but decided to pass up the long shot as they looked like they would commit better, they drifted off. A flock flew behind me just out of range and that was it. I went home, took a 45 minute nap and hit the pheasant preserve for a shortsleeve afternoon hunt. Maddy caught a hen early and we walked a few more hours until just before dark. Then we jumped a rooster out of the blackberries and I dropped it with a quick shot. A great day spent with my dog!
Sunday I hooked up with Tom and Danny (Buck from this site). We headed out to the marsh and just before shooting time a pair of geese flew down the slough. That was it for the most part though. A couple flights flew over the marsh but never close enough for a shot. Nice warm day but unfortunately I had to go to my daughters in the afternoon to help her move.... her stuff back into my place! She's leaving for Australia in a couple months so I guess it's just temporary...
Here's a picture I took of my goose and also a link to some video I shot on the way in sunday. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHb3WQC01ms
Dan

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa264/Canso_Dan/08goose.jpg

Crazy_Farmer
02-25-2008, 09:11 PM
Very neat video. I always knew where the marsh was but never knew just how wide and vast it actually is. Thanks for sharing. Also all the geese we've shot this late season have been the big western honkers non of the little guys, all the lessers seemed to of left town after getting shot at after opening morning, same goes for the cacklers I had a good chance at 3 very little guys saturday but didn't take the shot. Guess I wont be seeing the little ones till october again.

Dano
02-25-2008, 10:19 PM
My buddy shot a cackler last monday. He said it was the smallest goose he's ever shot. Mine was about average size.
Here's the second part of the video I sent. We made it over the beaver dam, the camera bounces around a bit while I tilt the motor and got it back in.
Dan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbQevNPclw4