PDA

View Full Version : Quesnel wrap up

Kirby
05-09-2005, 02:33 PM
Well, after yet another great weekend flinging arrows around the country side I am home. This time the trip was to Quenel where I managed to share a few wobbly pops with WillyQ, Oldtimer, and Swamper. The shoot was great, amazing trails, likely the best trails I have ever shot on for a 3-D course, with some great shots too(Damn moose), while I couldn't have hit the side of barn with a howizter for the weekend the shoot was very well laid out course, definatly doesn't get the turn out it should.
For me, while I enjoyed shoot, and sitting around the campfire swapping stories, I must say, the "acceptable" dinner was the highlight, a few of the dishes on Saturday night were:
1- Slow roasted whole pig:eek:
2- Slow roasted 12lb buffalo roast:eek:
3- Oven roasted Salmon:shock:
4- Fresh baked oven rolls(GOD THEY WERE GOOD)
5- Cesear Salad
6- Potato Salad
7- to be perfectly honest I don't remeber any thing else(there was lots more), I think I blacked out from too much food

For desert was fresh baked pies, and cakes

this was without a doubt the finest dinner I have had at a shoot. If my arms are cut off tomorrow, I would go back, just for the food.
Will see you boys in Salmon arm.

Kirby

willyqbc
05-09-2005, 04:01 PM
Glad you enjoyed yourself Kirby! I have to say i totally agree with everything you said, but I am a little biased with it being my home club and all!!:) Sammy99 and I will definately be in Salmon Arm so we'll see ya there!

Chris

oldtimer
05-09-2005, 04:27 PM
Kirby after sitting across the table from you on Sat. night i figured you enjoyed our little meal and was glad you enjoyed the shoot. Like Willy I am biased as it is my club but both the shoot and the meal this year would be impossible to beat in my opinion. for anybody like me that shot the extreme course the wobbly pops and stories afterwards helped sooth some of the frustration..lol make sure you spread the word .. Have fun in Salmon arm. Mike

Canuck2
05-09-2005, 04:48 PM
Kirby, your description of the event makes me drool. I will most certainly have to make that shoot at the earliest opportunity. Retiring next year but not until June, so I guess it's 2 years away. In the meantime, I'll be looking forward to it.

I'm also looking forward to seeing all you bunch in Salmon Arm 3 weeks hence.

Kirby
05-09-2005, 05:08 PM
Canuck, sounds good, looking forward to Salmon arm. Hear its a good shoot, think I'll have to head out and start shooting, Willy, I'm coming for ya....(just give me a year or two:))

Kirby

willyqbc
05-09-2005, 05:34 PM
.......i'll be waiting Kirby!!:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

swamper
05-11-2005, 08:13 AM
Once again the shoot was great, although I had other commitments for the dinner but Ronnie's wife managed to tuck away a small plate of the pork for me. It was great to meet yet another HBC junkie and looking forward to the next time we can all get together. Doubt I'll be in Salmon Arm but definitely going to Lgan Lake for the Father's day shoot. Hope to see some of you there.

Kirby
05-11-2005, 09:29 AM
Swamper, I'll be in logan lake, only 40 minutes from home, closest shoot I have to home.

Kirby

swamper
05-12-2005, 07:47 PM
Great. Not sure if I'm camping or staying with friends. Either way I will be there.

Thunderstix
05-12-2005, 08:30 PM
Your shoot sounds like a blast! One day, I will make it there.

oldtimer
05-13-2005, 07:15 PM
love to have tyou t-stix, more the merrier, and some of us would like to make the terrace and smithers shoots as well ,heard there great.
Mike