PDA

View Full Version : PAL application: refrences phone call

McRackin
02-15-2008, 05:48 PM
I'm just wondering if, during the PAL application period, everyone gets a phone call from the head office and if everyone has there references called.

I'm just asking this because me and my friend applied roughly the same day, and he got a phone call from the firearms offices almost 2-3 weeks ago to ask him questions and to call his references..while I have received no call and neither have my references.

Should I call them? Or should I wait another 2-3 weeks and see if my license arrives without me or my ref's being contacted.

Slime green cat
02-15-2008, 06:34 PM
Thats wierd :? I just walked in the door from work and my wife gave me the message that the RCMP had called regarding my firearms application ?? and then I log on here and see this thread :razz:
I didn't know they did that ? it was just confirming my references and asking all the same questions they ask on the application ??
I think they might just do it randomly to some applicants ??? a friend of mine just got his PAL a couple weeks ago and I dont think they called him ??

You could call just to be sure, but I think its probably fine .
This is the number I called if you want to check it out
1-800-731-4000 .

bsa30-06
02-15-2008, 07:02 PM
when i got my license nobody called me or my references, and i had my license in my mailbox in about 3 weeks.I just renewed my license and never had any problems and had it in my hand in 20 days.

Spuddge
02-15-2008, 07:07 PM
Nobody called me or my references and the license showed up after about a month.

RMG
02-15-2008, 07:52 PM
The government does what the government does. Some people get phone, some references they phone, sometimes they don't. I think it all depends on the middle letter of your middle name, and something else to do with yin and yank.

YukonJack
02-15-2008, 08:34 PM
Karma...it's all about Karma.
Maybe you shoulda' squarshed that ant....maybe you shouldn't have. Maybe taking that extra mint at the check-out finally comes back to haunt you.
Now those toothpicks you stashed?....cavity search, without doubt, sometime in your future.:eek:

Steeleco
02-16-2008, 12:22 AM
Nobody called me or my references and the license showed up after about a month.

Same here. It was my third renewal and the first time they didn't call.

4 point
02-16-2008, 09:44 AM
When I got my 1st PAL they called the house. We were on the deck and I answered and the lady caller asked for the Mrs. by her name. I passed her the phone. The woman caller confirmed with my wife who she was. And asked was the man that answered the phone (me) the applicant for the PAL. The wife said yes and she asked the wife to tell me to leave the area. Then she asked the wife if she was under any duress while answering any of her questions. My good I have only had 1 wife in 30 years, work in the legal feild, have no record and am squeeky clean. On subsequent PAL renewals they have never called. Luck of the draw I guess.

02-16-2008, 03:08 PM
No one has ever been phoned in my 2 renewals.

McRackin
02-18-2008, 02:58 PM
well turns out today my references were contacted by the rcmp and i missed a call to my phone because of a restricted # so hopefully they call me back soon

both me and a buddy were contacted within the past few weeks so hopefully ill see my PAL license within the next 2 weeks :D

bsa30-06
02-18-2008, 05:04 PM
well turns out today my references were contacted by the rcmp and i missed a call to my phone because of a restricted # so hopefully they call me back soon

both me and a buddy were contacted within the past few weeks so hopefully ill see my PAL license within the next 2 weeks :D

Why would they call with a restricted number?Why not have it come up RCMP or Canadian Firearm Center?What are they hoping to accomplish by using a restricted or unidentified number?I never answer calls that say private caller or unavailable number or restricted number cause its always useless telemarketers phoning about crap.

Fixit
02-18-2008, 07:48 PM
my application took around 70 days with me phoneing every day or so after 50 days. they never phoned any of my references

McRackin
02-18-2008, 08:46 PM
i have no idea why it was a restricted number. i would have answered the phone if it was anything but a restricted number. hopefully they either call back, or they feel they dont need to call back after speaking to both of my references. its already been 28 days, so either they try calling tomorrow (while im at work), or they send my PAL in the mail sometime this week.

McRackin
02-29-2008, 06:13 PM
so i finally got my license in the mail today. Feb. 29.
took about 6 weeks to get it from the day i sent my application

bsa30-06
02-29-2008, 06:20 PM
Glad it finally worked out for you.Using a restricted number is stupid most people with call display will just assume its telemarketers and ignore the call.

Wolfman
02-29-2008, 09:17 PM
When I got my PAL nobody called me - or as far as I know, my references either. I got way more reference calls over my passport than I did my PAL

Wolfman

huntcoop
02-29-2008, 11:04 PM
I got called as a reference for my buddies application.

McRackin
03-01-2008, 12:11 PM
probably has more to do with age of the applicant

Edward Teach
04-22-2008, 04:02 PM
Both my wife and I received requests to call them and they proceeded to ask us all of the questions that were on the application again. They called my wife's references but I never heard if they called mine (we both applied at the same time). They told her over the phone that they were approving her application and though they didn't tell me that, I took it as a given as they won't approve one if they're denying the other (not that they had any reason to), and she'd called after I had. They sent both licenses exactly 28 days after they received the applications.