PDA

View Full Version : Seniors Games Reminder

Canuck2
05-03-2005, 02:32 PM
The B.C. Seniors Games, emcompassing a plethora of events - including archery - runs from August 24 to 27 in Duncan this year. Anybody from age 55 on up (and there are several age categories) has a great shot at participating and I would really like to encourage all the archers of that vintage to jump into the fray. It's a really good time.

For archery, each zone in the province will hold its qualifier shoot sometime before the end of June. Ours, in zone 6 (West Kootenay Boundary), will be at Christina Lake on May 15. Anyone who wants more information, pop me an email or PM (both available in my profile).

A bit of background: this year there will be 3 styles of shooting, one on each of 3 different days. There will be a Canadian 900 round, which is 30 shots at 35m, 30 at 45, and 30 at 55. The target is nice and big :D . Another day will feature a relatively flat 3D course and the third day is something else again, with which I am not yet familiar.

You still have over 3 months to practice and I guarantee you'll have a blast. So don't be shy; plan yourself a nice little Island holiday as of now. ;)