PDA

View Full Version : Puppies!

Wolfman
02-09-2008, 09:11 PM
Hey all.

Just started the adoption process on a new family member!

He's just three weeks old so I gotta wait a bit - but I'm sure he's gonna make an excellent bush dog! Hes a Chesapeake Bay/Golden retriever cross - both parents are purebreds.

Any other new 'parents' out there? ;-)

Wolfman

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/PUPPY.jpg

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/PUPPY.jpg

LOC
02-09-2008, 09:22 PM
Congrats! Adorable looking pup. Chessies are great (folks have one) and crossed with a golden, I don't think you can go wrong.

blacklab
02-09-2008, 10:00 PM
Are there any of those pups left, if so where are they and how much do they cost?

Wolfman
02-09-2008, 10:12 PM
Are there any of those pups left, if so where are they and how much do they cost?

Hey.

I lucked out on this one. Lucked out big time.

I was looking for pups on-line - kinda casual like, with no real hard core searching or anything, and I came across this lady in Grande Prairie who had some pups for adoption. I took a chance and e-mailed her and found that out of the eight there were only two left.

... and by the time she decided to adopt one to me - mine was the last one,.

She was adopting them out on behalf of this old timer who wasn't very internet savvy and who wanted to give the pups out free to good homes.
I have a buddy in Dawson Creek going up to pick him up when he's eight weeks, then I'm either driving up to Dawson to get him or I'll have him flown down to Vancouver.

The lady basically asked me all kinds of questions and then later let me know that she wanted me to have one of the pups. All he's costing me is gas or airfare and a case of beer for my home-boy
Darren, up in the Creek ;-)

I got really lucky on this one - kinda like the guy who gets a vintage car, in mint condition on the cheap, from the little old lady who only drove it to church on Sundays ;-)

Regards - and good puppy hunting.

Wolfman

Phil
02-09-2008, 10:46 PM
Congrats on the new pup!

My wife is flying in to Dawson tomorrow. Too bad the timing wasn't different she could do the last leg of the journy for you.

Wolfman
02-09-2008, 10:59 PM
Congrats on the new pup!

My wife is flying in to Dawson tomorrow. Too bad the timing wasn't different she could do the last leg of the journy for you.

Well, thanks very much Phil - I appreciate the thought!

I figure the wee lad won't be ready till the first or second
week of march though ;-)

Regards

Wolfman

Brambles
02-09-2008, 11:57 PM
That will make a good family pet and outdoor companion,

Good lookin pup, congrats, nice to hear the rottie got the shaft...

Wolfman
02-10-2008, 12:01 AM
That will make a good family pet and outdoor companion,

Good lookin pup, congrats, nice to hear the rottie got the shaft...

Yeah, I reconsidered the rottie - wanted a dog who would be a safe family member as well as one who would get along with my other dog ;-)

Wolfman

Islandeer
03-14-2008, 07:56 PM
hey wolfie,
Congrats!! We are expecting, pups on the ground April 10th. Pure bred labs from Hunt Test lines. We are keeping one bitch. check out the info in the gear for sale forum,:cool: or the open topic forum. Again congrats on your new pup.

Wolfman
03-14-2008, 08:08 PM
hey wolfie,
Congrats!! We are expecting, pups on the ground April 10th. Pure bred labs from Hunt Test lines. We are keeping one bitch. check out the info in the gear for sale forum,:cool: or the open topic forum. Again congrats on your new pup.

Hey there.

Well we are finally picking up our wee lad at the airport on Sunday. We've been waiting for him to get old enough to leave his mom, and he's finally on the way. My 6 year old daughter has been going nuts with the wait ;-)

Wolfman

Islandeer
03-14-2008, 08:16 PM
Cool, give him a wing and ton's of praise!! :grin:

Paulyman
03-14-2008, 08:22 PM
Hey Wolfman,

from what i understand you live in Vancouver? if you ever want to socialize your pup with other dogs my new little guy would be happy to teach him a thing or two.

CHilko21
03-14-2008, 08:33 PM
Congrats on the pup, he's adorable! I'm sure he'll be a great addition to the family. There's 3 dogs at my house right now, my mom's border collie corgie cross, and my two heelers....gets a little crazy when strange cars come into our yard haha.

Wolfman
03-14-2008, 08:37 PM
Hey Wolfman,

from what i understand you live in Vancouver? if you ever want to socialize your pup with other dogs my new little guy would be happy to teach him a thing or two.

Paulyman:

That sounds like it might be a plan, dude ;-)

I live just over the east Van 'border' - just past the Main Street DMZ ;-) at around 12th and Ontario.:eek:

My older dog (a Briard) turns 13 tomorrow, and while we figure the old gal has a year or two left in her (we hope) she doesn't have the energy to wrangle a puppy anymore.

My little guy just spent 4 days up on my friend's farm in Dawson Creek while waiting for the flight arrangements to be made, and we've been told that the little guy is a real fire-ball. Apparently he has exhausted the three dogs my friend has and one of those is barely a pup himself!

So I'm gonna have my hands full pretty soon!

Wolfman

Paulyman
03-14-2008, 08:40 PM
Perfect, i'm at fraser and 37th!