PDA

View Full Version : anyone lose a bluetick

Barracuda
02-09-2008, 04:12 PM
Got a phone call about a found bluetic with no collars at all .
Took a look at him today he is an intact bluetic male with brown trim and about 24-25 at the whithers and once he puts the weight on should round out to around 70+lbs. He is pretty high strung and under weight and he is pretty hoarse from baying , but easy to walk on the lead .

He was found wandering near neaves road pitt meadow/ maple ridge (plenty of coons and bears in that swampy area)doesnt mean he was from that area as some people will pick up a hound and drop them off elswhere. I will post some pictures later.

This hound has some quirks and could do with being nutted and reigned in if the owner isnt found in a couple of days then this dog will be available.

here are some pics
http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/Bubba_007_Small_.jpg

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/Bubba_004_Small_.jpg

Buck
02-09-2008, 05:43 PM
I got the same call he's not doing well in the Maple ridge pound he needs to get out of there.

Barracuda
02-09-2008, 08:08 PM
he is haveing a rough time thats for sure its only been a few days and he is bouncing off the walls. He is actually tucked away in back so he isnt out with the adoption doggies.

He seemed to have calmed down a bit by the time i left today .

If the owner cant be found then he will be nutted and be farmed out , but it would really have to go to a hunting home .

A dog like that is very much out of place where he is and the stress is really showing. It really isnt a surprise that he is baying like crazy because of the other dogs ,new enviroment and the fact that they have all the cats there also.

folks that are interested in him can pm me and i will try to answer any questions i can, I am in contact with them down there and I will be dropping in and checking his progress.

I am not sure but wasnt there someone recently that had some dogs stolen?

Wolfman
02-09-2008, 09:54 PM
That's a handsome lad there.
Hope his people find him and get him fattened up.

Wolfman

Spokerider
02-10-2008, 11:24 AM
Kudos 'cudda for helping this lost one out.