PDA

View Full Version : Hound breeds??

115 or bust
02-08-2008, 03:31 PM
K guys I have a buddy who's keen on picking up a hound pup for chasing cougars. The dog needs to be personable towards the family as he doesn't live on a large plot. Ideally well behaved but still with a keen tracking sense. I have some personal biases from past experiences but would love to get some advice for him. Anything at all from sheds too much to too noisy, too high strung, obedience you name it. Thanks in advance

Barracuda
02-08-2008, 05:40 PM
sheds too much to too noisy, too high strung, obedience you name it. Thanks in advance

YUP!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

The thing with the hounds is that you can have one guy breeding Bluetic/Redbone/Walker/B&T/English and plott for coon and another person with the same breed but with biggame blood and they will have very different qualities and traits. .
Hounds are a big commitment and take alot more work then a regular dog. you dont go to the park and play fetch and you dont let him roam around the neighbourhood.

walker(bandit)
02-08-2008, 06:46 PM
how much room dose he have and how much time can he spend with them and what are his neighbors like are the first things no matter what kind of hound he gets.pm if you want more in put.i have two and spend 4to 5 days a week working with them and i wish i could spend more time with them but not enough day light yet.