PDA

View Full Version : Good shoot here in Quesnel!

willyqbc
04-25-2005, 09:28 AM
Well the Quesnel Archers put on a fine shoot as usual and everyone seemed to have a really good time! There were some nice prizes and the turnout was not bad at 86 shootiers considering the other shoots going on last week-end. Mothers day week-end their wil be another shoot in Quesnel, this one put on by the Broken Arrow Bowhunters. They have a great venue for shooting and always put on a good shoot with FANTASTIC food!....dinner this year will be a whole pig roasted in the ground. There will be an extreme course for those who fear no evil!:grin: Camping available on site.....hope to see you all there!

Chris

bone-collector
04-25-2005, 09:47 AM
seeing everyone is having fun I decided to try out a bow again this weekend as well, I see I still have the nack for running the cable down my dam arm and teaching everyone within earshot of a 12 guage new words :lol: ...now I want to buy another bow ...dam it just never ends.

glad you guys had fun Chris

willyqbc
04-25-2005, 10:03 AM
get yourself an STS system and you'll never rake your arm again Rob!!:grin: It stops the string right at its natural position and doesn't allow it any further forward. I have one on order and I'll let you know how it performs!

Chris

bone-collector
04-25-2005, 10:13 AM
I got to try out my buddies new PSE Typhoon Chris, dam does that thing sling carbon fast and accurate , Ill just ducktape a phonebook to my arm next time to avoid the purple and green coloration of the hide :lol:

Kirby
04-25-2005, 11:37 AM
Ill just ducktape a phonebook to my arm next time to avoid the purple and green coloration of the hide :lol:

LMAO!

Well Chris, glad to hear the shoot when well, I should have skipped the studing and gone up for the shoot, either way I bombed the final! Well, see you in two weeks, I'll make that shoot, pig roast, oh baby, haven't had one of those in awhile.
Think I might drive up with Wayland, maybe stick around for a day or two and chase some bruins up there.

Kirby

willyqbc
04-25-2005, 03:31 PM
Sorry to hear about your final Kirby.... we'll drown your sorrows with some cold ones at the shoot!! 8-)

Chris

oldtimer
04-25-2005, 07:11 PM
Well seeing as how Willy won't blow his or his family's horn I guess the old man will. In the shoot this past weekend Chris took first place in his category with a 743/800. Sammy 99 took first in her category with a 701/800. Young michael took first in his categorywith his brand new bow and a 620/800. And young alex took first in her category ( long bow ) with a 300 plus, first time she has shot the entire course !!! I wasn't able to shoot due to a buggered up knee but I was able to show up at the end of the day with the wobbly pops. The missus also won her category but she was the only one in it so no award given ( rightfully so ) she is really enjoying this new sport.
The broken arrow shoot is going to be awesome and any of you that can make it will see the trip will be well worth it. Glad to hear your coming kirby, i can reciprocate with the beer you supplied in Cache Creek. And the bears should be out all over the place by then. Mike