PDA

View Full Version : need help please - Tenpoint Titan Crossbow

newhunterette
01-29-2008, 06:42 PM
Peter has a Tenpoint Titon Crossbow and I just got him his new scope for it and he has it sighted in now but he has a question?

He was given information from Tenpoint about his string and he would like to know if anyone knows how to do the adjustment

Peter was told " The cables should have 2 twists in the bottom yoke and 0 in the top - the string needs 13 twists in it"

Right now all the strings are straight not twisted - how does he do this?

Thanks bunches in advance for any suggestions
Ali

358win
01-29-2008, 07:36 PM
Lucky guy!!! A new scope??

This may help

http://www.tenpointcrossbows.com/images/pdfs/2006_Owners_Manual.pdf

Bowzone_Mikey
01-29-2008, 08:04 PM
Well I really dont know too much about Xbows but ... he would have to physically take the string and cable off the bow ..twist them up and put them back on.

Like I said i dont know much about the Titan ...but I would take it to a shop that can press Xbows ... and then put the twists into the strings that he feels is required and then if possible shoot the Xbow there a few times to settle the string and re-measure (I assume he is doing this because tip to tip and brace height...for lack of better term ...are not in spec)

01-29-2008, 08:26 PM
http://www.tenpointcrossbows.com/discussion/category-view.asp

Have a look around their website......l know l have read posts about your question and if you can't find what you are looking for PM the mods on site, they are a super bunch and will help you out.

newhunterette
02-05-2008, 11:55 AM
Thank-you for the information you passed on to Peter and I. We contacted Tenpoint through their website and they immediately responded and fixed Peter's bow with the help of Mike at Specialty Shooting.

Bow Walker
02-05-2008, 12:17 PM
Mike and/or Rhonda are pretty knowledgeable aren't they? What's great is that if they can't provide an answer for you they'll go to the source and find out on your behalf.

newhunterette
02-07-2008, 04:56 PM
Mike and/or Rhonda are pretty knowledgeable aren't they? What's great is that if they can't provide an answer for you they'll go to the source and find out on your behalf.

Mike and Rhonda are great friends of ours as I am sure they are friends with a great deal of members on this site - Peter bought his bow off Mike and unfortunately the manufacture sent the bow without the strings set up and that is why it was not functioning at its full level and Mike was just as perplexed as we were why it wasn't. I was directed by a fellow HBC member to the Tenpoint forum website and asked the questions there and right away a solution was figured out and I dropped the bow off to Mike and he was contacted by Tenpoint on how to fix Peter's bow. Peter got fast service from Tenpoint as well as from Mike, he had his bow back home within 2 days and was out in the backyard shooting it and could feel and see a 100% difference in accuracy of his shots.

His bow came to us with no twists in the cables (strings) and the velocity and accuracy of shootin the arrows was way off, he thought it was his fault in how he was shooting and dialing in his scope. With the new scope he was still having troubles. So I asked for help and received top knotch advice from everyone here on what to do, try, and who to contact. Mike put 2 twists in the bottom yoke and 0 in the top - the string needed 13 twists in it as reccomended by Tenpoint. It hits within a silver dollar at 25 yards - looking forward to trying it at 50 - seems to fly much better. Guess he will be taking it up to the property to shoot and try it at longer yardages as our yard at home will let him shoot it only so far.

Thanks once again for the fast advice and solutions.

Alison

Bowzone_Mikey
02-07-2008, 06:50 PM
Glad it all worked out