PDA

View Full Version : Training collars

Marc
01-26-2008, 10:43 PM
I'm just curious how many different frequencies that are used with dog collars. It's very possible that with a 1 mile range that say if someone is in a certain area training their dog and you're in that general area that there is a possibility of your dog receiving a correction for not doing anything wrong?

walker(bandit)
01-26-2008, 10:57 PM
if you are running a tritronics the recevers are tuned into your transmiter witch are all different so they say but if you are conserned call them they are good to deal with.

SPEYMAN
01-27-2008, 12:26 AM
A number of years back, a trainor was using a collar in Abotsford area when a model airplane control set his dogs collar on. Just for your info.

Marc
01-27-2008, 12:35 AM
Hmm just read this on their site.

Listed below are some examples of the commitment Tri-TronicsŪ makes to the safety of your dog:
Our patented contact points are made from surgical stainless steel and are insulated for consistent and reliable performance in water.
Both the transmitter and receiver have a stimulation time-out safety feature.
Field and Pro Series transmitters have a button guard to prevent accidental stimulation.
All Sport, Field and Pro Series transmitters have a "no stimulation" level 0 (zero) or level N.
Modern technology that virtually eliminates the possibility that your receiver could be set off unintentionally by someone else.

Islandeer
01-27-2008, 07:41 AM
Hi Marc,

I am not up on the tech end but can offer persnel experiance. Five years of running my dog with a tritronics,never a problem. Many times at hunt tests etc with other tritronic collers being used, I have the "Classic" model.. 3 levels of stim and beep tone which I use for recall. Hope this helps.

BoomBoom
01-27-2008, 06:14 PM
never heard of or had an issue...train with groups of people that all use training collars. Always have used Tritronics collars...most pros use them. Excellent products.

an islanddeer...I am assuming you mean "simulating Hunt Tests" as training equipment is not allowed at Trials or Hunt Tests:-)

...boom...

Islandeer
01-27-2008, 11:39 PM
Stand corrected...:shock: