PDA

View Full Version : Great Glove !

Will
01-24-2008, 07:24 PM
I usually use a Tab (calf hair type) but right now really concentrating on form......when my release is "on" I can group pretty good.

Been playing with gloves looking to improve on my release and thought I'd try one of these out !
Well worth the Bucks if you like Gloves. One word.....SMOOOOTH !
It has really help shrink up my Longer shots ! By a fair bit too ! :smile:

http://www.3riversarchery.com/images/large/4040X.jpg

The "Dura-Glove" from 3Rivers Archery is sure to become your favorite shooting glove. Same comfortable full-palm leather design as in the best-selling Deerskin Berlin Glove but with an innovative twist. The three shooting fingers are faced with rugged Cordura®. Cordura® wears like iron and strings fly off its super-slick surface. We've been field testing the "Dura-Glove" for several months now and we've seen no noticable wear on the Cordura®. These gloves will outlast all-leather gloves by a long shot! Try a "Dura-Glove" today, it may be the last shooting glove you ever have to buy...

Deerskin Leather Body
Cordura® Reinforced Tips
Super Smooth Releases
Outlasts All-Leather Gloves
Made in the USA

Just a heads up.........

J_T
01-24-2008, 07:36 PM
Will, not sure what part of the province, "lurking behind a bush" is, are you going to make yourself available to the TBBC Trad Championships in Keremeos?

Compete if you want, but most of us just enjoy the getting together and shooting with each other. You'd likely enjoy it. Or perhaps you've been. If you have kids, it's a great place for them.

Long weekend in May.

tomahawk
01-24-2008, 07:53 PM
Will, so the " cordura fingers" are nice and smooth? Makes me feel old school as I would never have thought they wouldn't have something like hair for the string area as I am a tab shooter as well!

calvin L
01-25-2008, 06:55 AM
I have found the smoothest release for me as been a change to a MECHANICAL RELEASE AND A COMPOUND BOW . LOL :wink: Just joking I have a lot of friends using gloves . I am glad it is working for you .

calvin L

Thunderstix
01-25-2008, 08:25 AM
I wear a glove as well. Calfskin, but just might buy one of the ones you are talking about.

Will
01-25-2008, 06:45 PM
..as I would never have thought they wouldn't have something like hair for the string area as I am a tab shooter as well!
The "calf hairs" run in the direction of the "release" on my tab...does seem to slip the string abit smoother then my leather ones.....although the Tab material is slimmer and my fingers do get abit "tender" after a few dozen with it. For the Long Bow I ususally switch to a "thicker" leather Tab....Haven't tried the glove with the LongBow yet>

I have noticed though that the "hairs" tend to wear off fairly quick and you're inevitably left with a smooth "leather" tab anyways....:|

The New Glove is the Cat's Pajamas......! :p

Will, not sure what part of the province, "lurking behind a bush" is, are you going to make yourself available to the TBBC Trad Championships in Keremeos?
Long weekend in May.
Oops....I made some changes and didn't Notice "the Loops" got clipped off the end. I just assume most Know I'm from Kamloops !
Thanks for the HeadsUp..Sounds like a Great time ! Might not make it this Year, got some Bear trips planned for May(ish)......but I really plan on getting to some Fun Shoots and such eventually !

J_T
01-25-2008, 10:14 PM
Will, that's the beauty of the TBBC provincial championships. Make sure you have your licence and bear tag for the evening :smile:.

Convince that Hermit to bring his wall tent and come up too.

Bow Walker
01-26-2008, 12:00 PM
Not to hi-jack this thread - but - would you knowledgeable Trad shooters recommend a D-loop and a release or just a rope release on a recurve? I've got to shoot this way because of an injury to my release hand.

Will
01-26-2008, 01:44 PM
Not to hi-jack this thread - but - would you knowledgeable Trad shooters recommend a D-loop and a release or just a rope release on a recurve? I've got to shoot this way because of an injury to my release hand.
I know one fella that shoots a LongBow....he uses a release because he's missing the ends of a couple fingers on his draw hand... ;)

Does just fine though...standard "D-loop" tied on as I recall.
http://usera.imagecave.com/BCWILL/BowStuff/string_loop_diagram.jpg

Bow Walker
01-26-2008, 06:33 PM
Thanks for the info Will. The demo pics by Jari are great, aren't they? For anyone not sure how to tie a D loop those photos show the ins, outs, unders, overs, and throughs!!:biggrin::roll::cool:

Will
01-26-2008, 08:43 PM
Thanks for the info Will. The demo pics by Jari are great, aren't they? For anyone not sure how to tie a D loop those photos show the ins, outs, unders, overs, and throughs!!:biggrin::roll::cool:
Yep they sure helped me, help out some Buds........I don't use releases and as such would have NO clue as to the methods involved.;-)

The Hermit
02-12-2008, 11:27 PM
On the cordura gloves... are they as quiet as the leather gloves?

BTW J_T - I plan on being there... hadn't thought about the wall tent for just a weekend... hummm.

Grantmac
02-13-2008, 12:49 PM
Back to the D-loop. Do you have to use a knock with them or do they serve the purpose of the knock? I'm just trying to reduce the amount of junk on my string!

Bowzone_Mikey
02-13-2008, 04:22 PM
Back to the D-loop. Do you have to use a knock with them or do they serve the purpose of the knock? I'm just trying to reduce the amount of junk on my string!

What I do ..Its hard to explain without a pic, but I will try, find where you would nock your arrow .. mark it ... tie a little dental floss or similar on top and bottom of where your nock would be ... then tie in your D loop on each side of the floss.... be sure to alternate the sides of the string your knots are on for best results. later i will try to find pics of what i am talking about

Will
02-13-2008, 07:38 PM
On the cordura gloves... are they as quiet as the leather gloves?

Back to the glove. :D

My "nylon" serving on one bow doesn't seem any louder with the glove then my calfhair tab ??
I'd guess no audible difference between them...probably serving material would contribute more to any noise diff then the glove surface or a combo of the two...but I don't use a Leather glove so I'm speculating here ?

Fisher-Dude
02-15-2008, 07:10 AM
Will, do you just use your glove for shooting your bow, or is there more to this story?:lol:

http://wirelessdigest.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/jackowhiteglove.jpg

Will
02-15-2008, 04:04 PM
Will, do you just use your glove for shooting your bow, or is there more to this story?:lol:
Well it does keep you from getting a stinky finger.....:|
:shock: