PDA

View Full Version : West Coast Archery and APA rests

Bow Walker
04-18-2005, 05:36 PM
West Coast Bill, while not having seen one of these thingys before was able to adjust it, and to serve in the draw string correctly (with a little help from me, of course).:wink:

Since Bill adjusted my new rest, I have noticed a marked improvement in the size of my groups, plus an increase in my fps. :eek:

The arrow and/or the fletching does not touch the rest once I trigger my release (except, of course, for the first 3 - 4 inches of the arrow).

The Safari Twister is a FULL containment rest - the arrow cannot fall off or out of the rest unless the nock pulls away from the string.

Since the arrow has minimal contact during the shot, the bow is a bit more forgiving of bow hand torque that occurs just after release. You know what I am talking about.....unconciously grabbing the bow a split second before the arrow clears and thus influencing the trajectory. Minimal, to be sure, but my groups have tightened up appreciably. :eek:

I would recommend this rest to anyone considering a containment-type fall away rest. Great for 3D and especially good for hunting. :idea:

houndogger
04-19-2005, 05:39 AM
Bill is very knowledgable guy for the compound shooter. His prices also seem fair.

Bow Walker
04-19-2005, 05:57 PM
Bill's knowledge is surpassed only by his great good looks (??) :roll:

Seriously though - he is a legend in his own mind.

He has done a lot of work and given a lot of advice:redface: and has yet to mention anything about payment. Gives a new meaning to the word pro-bono. Or is that lawyer speak. I have and I will continue to support him and his shop.:biggrin:

Tuffcity
04-20-2005, 07:36 PM
Bill's a real good guy. He even puts up with us traddies! :D

RC

Bow Walker
04-23-2005, 07:51 PM
For those not familiar with West Coast Archery (the few out there) his phone number is 250 733 2218 his fax number is 250 733 2219 his email is bowtec@shaw.ca

He is worth his weight in sausage ! :lol:

Custom built and installed string, cables, speed buttons, loop, nock set, and peep re-installed and test-shot.............all for under $50.00 The tuning was free. :eek:

One small inconvenience though. I will most likely have to ask for my money back.

The tuning was to successfull and I was getting such good groups at 40 yards that I "robin-hooded" one of my new PSE 300's. The least that such a good bow tech should do is to replace the arrow, n'est pas?

I'll bring it up with him when next we open a can of Folgers, you can be sure of that!:idea:

Give him a chance to tune your setup. He is non-denominational when it comes to working on bows and/or to making money. ;)

Eagle1
04-24-2005, 08:52 PM
Hi guys,

I just joined up the other day.
I'm thinking of doing a contest or something to get a name for my custom handmade strings. I thought you guys could send in suggestions of a name and possable logo and I could pick the one I like or put them all in a hat and draw one out and the winner would get a set of cables & string. Right now I just call them Tech 1 bowstrings.
I use BCY cause after nearly 30 years of shooting I've found BCY the longest lasting and the peep stays in place after a few arrows to settle it in.
Thanks to Bowwalker for sending me this site, it seems to be pretty good from what I've read. He must really want a new arrow but I don't know West Coast is just one word in my shops name Westcoast Archery :lol: . I've set up quit a few different drop aways and they all seem to work very well. APA is a canadian made rest and they make some other very fine products.
Let me know about the contest by the end of the week so I can set a time on when it should start/end. Reply this post or e-mail me at bowtec@shaw.ca
PS Bowwalker it's www.cowichanbowmen.com (http://www.cowichanbowmen.com/) or they can e-mail me for a registration form.
Thank you
8) Westcoast Archery

Bow Walker
04-25-2005, 10:01 AM
Thanks for coming out of the woodwork (literally) Bill. I know that time is a premium for you, what with Wetcoast Archery, Carpentry school, and working a full time job as well. Not to mention taking care of all those cats!

How about "Sampson Strings" - Strong and Durable!
Or how about "The Name is Sampson - Not Simpson. My strings are strong!

Just a couple of minor meanderings from the minuscule mind of BowWalker.

QnsCowboy
04-30-2005, 01:13 PM
Hey Bill, great to see you on here and your experience and expertise will be a welcome asset....I will be coming down to visit soon, I want the drop away set up!!! Nails is going to kill me at the next shoot, so I need another advantage, other than just my great looks....
I like the idea of having your name in your string too, but I was thinking "Sampson Shock" or Triple "S" (Sampson Shooting String)... or simply "Sampson String" - as already mentioned above.
BowWalker you are right about those cats!! If Bill was making tennis rackets, I would know where the string was coming from then...:)

See you soon Bill, I will email for info on your drop away set up.....

Craig