PDA

View Full Version : Vanc. Is. 3D Championships

Bow Walker
04-17-2005, 12:24 PM
For anyone who is interested in participating this year.....

The Shoot is at Cowichan Valley Archery Club. Their web site is as follows

http://www.web-merchants.com/cowbowmen/index.htm

The shoot will take place on June 4th and 5th. It is a 40-target course each day. Use this as a warmer-upper for the Provincials.

There will be breakfast(s), lunch(es), and a Dutch Oven Dinner with all the trimmings on Saturday nite (June 4th). This is not to be missed, and is much anticipated. The Dutch Oven Dinner is rapidly gaining legendary status with its Slow roasted beef, mash potatoes, seasonal roasted veggies, Yorkshire pudding, buns, gravy, green salad, AND Home-baked desserts.

There will also be Dairy Queen treats for all. This is used as a fund-raiser for the JOP so please support them in their efforts. Besides, who dosen't like an ice cream treat now and then??

Tickets will be pre-sold for Saturday nite's dinner. The wives have to know how many to prepare for. Before May 28th Tickets are $10.00 adults, and $8.00 for kids 10 yrs and under.

If you are wanting dinner and order it after May 28th or the day of the shoot, while registering, the prices are - Adults $12.00 Kids $10.00 (10 yrs and under).

Check the website for more details and if you live in the Victoria area you can obtain registration forms from The Urban Cup Bakery Cafe (phn 250 477 7741) 3690 Shelbourne St. across from Fairway Market - at Shelbourne and Cedar Hill Cross Rd.

You can also download the registration form online and mail it to
Bill Sampson
Cowichan Bowmen
Box 513 Duncan BC
V9L 3X9

make cheques payable to Cowichan Bowmen

Tons to see and to do for all ages - plan to camp over and enjoy everything!

houndogger
04-17-2005, 01:33 PM
Thanks but I won't be making many of the shoots this year, maybe a couple though.

Bow Walker
04-17-2005, 04:18 PM
Too bad houndogger, it will be a fun shoot and a great time. Maybe next year.

Did you manage to make it to the Port Alberni shoot today? I couldn't - workus interruptus. That dreaded disease that shows no empathy for the common man.

houndogger
04-17-2005, 06:08 PM
No I went for a little hunt in the morning then spent sometime with the family. Working 6 days a week for along time now. So what little time I get off will be family time and hunting with the dogs this year.

Canuck2
04-17-2005, 09:10 PM
Like so many other shoots, I wish I could make this one. But I guess I will be able to see your course at the end of August - B.C. Seniors Games. Looking forward to being in the Cowichan Valley then.:-)

Bow Walker
04-18-2005, 10:48 AM
canuck2

Looking forward to that myself..........don't forget to identify yourself.

Eagle1
04-24-2005, 09:21 PM
The web site for the Cowichan Bowmen is a new one and is currently under construction, have a look tho, www.cowichanbowmen.com (http://www.cowichanbowmen.com/) or you can e-mail me for a registration form bowtec@shaw.ca

Hope some of you main landers can make it to the beatiful Vancouver Island and shoot one of the tuffest shoots on the island, nick named "hell hole":twisted:

Thank you
3-D director :cool:
Cowichan Bowmen

mistx
04-25-2005, 09:00 AM
hey bowwalker,
the eagle has landed!

Bow Walker
04-25-2005, 10:03 AM
'bout time to, I say.:!:

Good to hear from him at last eh Dave?

Bill, I posted the shoot on AT as well. See what that shakes out of the ol' tree.:mrgreen:

Eagle1
04-25-2005, 09:34 PM
Hey guys, quite picking on lil ol me !!!

That is a good one mistx, I did't even think of that when I chose my handle, but it's going to be tough going on this site to "fly like an eagle" when there's turkeys like you guys on it:biggrin: I guess I could just ask "MISTX" for shooting advice, as he didn't miss many "X'S" at Port Alberni:evil: or I could just take my "BOW FOR A WALK" :tongue:
Thanks for the post on AT hope we shake some mainlanders out of the tree.
BowWalker are you going to Saltspring this Sunday May,1for the 3-D? They always put on a great shoot and have great draw prizes, they're a great bunch of guys/gals. May I should as MISTX is going and he shoots open class same as me, I better go and brush up on my shooting/judging distancecause he'll proable be strutt'n his stuff,"LX" for the "LAST X"

Bow Walker
04-26-2005, 06:43 PM
( :biggrin: I guess I could just ask "MISTX" for shooting advice, as he didn't miss many "X'S" at Port Alberni)

I think he should change his name to "HITTEN EM" if what you say is true..............and I, for one, don't doubt it at all.:roll:

I dont know if I can shake myself loose from work on the weekends for awhile besides, he's got me shaking so bad I don't think I could hit the broad-side of the barn if I was standing inside it:!:

mistx
05-12-2005, 03:19 PM
sheesh!
just remember to preregister for the VI 3D before May 28th IF you want to get dinner $2 cheaper--you can register later, but it'll cost more for the deliscios roast beef dinner!