PDA

View Full Version : Peep placement

Dirty
04-16-2005, 06:23 PM
I was just wondering if one of you archery gurus out there could tell me how to judge the proper place to put a peep sight on your bow. Is there some sort of common knowledge or is every bow different.

Kirby
04-17-2005, 04:55 PM
Do you have your place for your nock point? If so, then draw the bow, and have a friend mark the string where it is in front of your eye, let down, and place the peep in the string, draw again, and check, slide the peep site up or down until when you draw, it naturaly lines up with your eye to sight window. Then serve it in place.

Kirby

Eagle1
04-24-2005, 10:48 PM
The best way to set your peep is to first get your anchor point on the face thats easy to repeat every time, put your peep in the string, I found about 5 inchs from the nocking point is a good place to start, then stand close to a target butt, put an arrow on the string { never draw a bow with out an arrow,
s_ _ t happens}draw bow, make sure your lined up with the butt, close your eyes, make sure your anchored where you want to be, then open eyes, move peep up or down, repeat proceedure until peep lines up perfically without moveing your head up or down, the peep should circle the sight.shoot close to the butt 10/15 meteres or so and shoot { at a different spot each time } until you feel comfotable with looking thru a peep. If you hunt make sure the peep is big enough to gather light at dawn and dust to see your intended shot, I find 1/8th or bigger about the right size.

Bill