PDA

View Full Version : A ducky day.

Crazy_Farmer
01-12-2008, 01:00 PM
With this being the last weekend for ducks we figured we'd try and get out and see what was flying. Everything is absolutely flooded out here lots of potholes, so tons of fields have like 3 ducks here and 5 ducks there, not to many huge numbers stocked up anywhere. We had planned on hunting a flooded field but we decided to just go to our pond, lots more ducks were flying around more then normal, more hunters out this weekend I guess moved the birds around.

We had a good morning and hank made all the retrieves, we limited on all mallards cept one silly bufflehead whos been in our pond for a week straight.
http://members.shaw.ca/stevensml/hunting/Jan12th.jpg

6 K
01-12-2008, 01:16 PM
Good on you guys. looks like a yumy bunch you got there. Man do I miss duck hunting in the winter.

BCJunior
01-12-2008, 01:33 PM
Awesome job guys! How I wish to go duck hunting some day. Looks so much fun and it would be something to do while waiting for next big game season, or at least till they announce the 2008 LEH results.

Danny
01-12-2008, 07:08 PM
what logo is that on your shirts

Crazy_Farmer
01-12-2008, 07:19 PM
Its a Canadian Waterfowlers Proshop t-shirt, A buddy from alberta came out to hunt with some other locals becuase their seasons been over since december, also to shoot some ducks they dont see to often in the prairies but he runs a business called Canadian Waterfowlers Proshop. Its got a website and everything, and we've bought a bunch of stuff from him and he's a good guy so we all went out for dinner last night and had a great ol' time.