PDA

View Full Version : Choclate Lab owners beware.....

Jimsue
01-11-2008, 03:31 PM
Wed Jan 9th 2008

SEVERED ARTERY

ANOTHER DOG SHOOTS, KILLS, HUNTING PAL

HUSTON TX- An overexcited choclate labrador accidentally shot and killed its owner Perry Price,46, on a hunting trip in Texas, authorities said yesterday.
Price had just shot a goose and went back to his pickup to let his dog out to go find it in the brush. He put his loaded shotgun down inside the box as he unhooked the tailgate, and the excited dog hit the trigger and discharged it.
The pellets went through the tailgate and struck Price in the thigh, severing an artery. He died later in hospital. -AFP

So I'm selling my young choclate female........never trust them brown dogs.

Jimsue
01-11-2008, 03:37 PM
just off the wire........ the dog was upset with Mr. Price as apperently he was planning to bred her to a Chessie. The investigation continues.

NEEHAMA
01-11-2008, 03:46 PM
goes back to that crazy rule about loaded guns and vehicles...

tomahawk
01-11-2008, 04:03 PM
It amazes me how many people let common sense fly away when they need it most.
PS..........I have a 3 yr old chocolate lab that's sitting here beside me, I wonder if he is plotting his next move!

wolverine
01-11-2008, 04:16 PM
I know a guy that the same thing happened to only he didn't die he got shot in the groin. Dr. told him he was lucky that there wasn't much internal damage but his Johnston got messed up pretty good and that he would be referring him to his brother. The fellow asked him if he was a good plastic surgeon and the Dr. said no, that he was a piccillo player in the Vancouver Symphony and he would teach him where to put his fingers so he didn't piss in his own eye........:shock:

Marc
01-11-2008, 04:44 PM
It can happen so easily, how many of us just lay our shotguns on the ground loaded with the safety on and go adjust our decoys while the dog is still at the blind. My question is though how many people are stupid enough to leave a loaded shotgun with the safety off pointing in your direction while unloading a dog from the truck. Well I guess there was at least one but he's now dead.

That chocolate would be so lucky to be bred by such a superior breed of retriever :mrgreen: