PDA

View Full Version : My Son's B-day !

Will
01-06-2008, 01:00 AM
Just finished part of my son's b-day gift......Picked up a real nice set of Clear finnished Cedar arrow shafts. Just put on some green and yellow fletching and tipped em up..added a small touch in his name and two animal tracks he recognises already.

Did up a full Dozen of these but I'm gonna hide the other half away for spares...:wink:

These are to accompany the other Gift...I dug out my 15 lb Fibreglass bow I've had since I was seven...funny it's about the only thing I ever kept from my childhood......But man when I hold it do some Good memories come back. That Bow and Me had a hell of alot of adventures together. I picked up a new string and it actually looks good all shined up.

My son will be 7 next week so i figured it was time to pass along my 30 year old Treasure !
I look forward to his adventures........ :smile:
http://usera.imagecave.com/BCWILL/BowStuff/josharrow3.jpg
http://usera.imagecave.com/BCWILL/BowStuff/josharrow2.jpg

Steeleco
01-06-2008, 01:02 AM
I feel the warmth of his smiles from here, good going Dad!!

tomahawk
01-06-2008, 01:23 AM
Nice job on the arrows, he will love that Dad made them specially for him

Chuck
01-06-2008, 01:39 AM
What's wrong with that?
Now that's one thoughtful Dad!
Custom arrows for sure - watch he doesn't take one to school for Show & Tell even if he might want to (I can see me doing it).

Schutzen
01-06-2008, 01:44 AM
Will
Real nice job of the arrows I'm sure he was thrilled..nice goin dad!
That bow happen to have a bit of a greenish tinge to it? Sounds like my 1st bow..had many adventures with it too.

Jagermeister
01-06-2008, 01:48 AM
I think that Joshua will have a very nice birthday.
15lb. fiberglass bow congers up childhood images for me too. Don't know where my bow got to, but I guess I can be forgiven since that was 50 years ago.

mark
01-06-2008, 10:53 AM
so funny you say that about the bow, I think I had the same one as a kid also! you had better post a pic of the bow will!

Will
01-06-2008, 03:50 PM
so funny you say that about the bow, I think I had the same one as a kid also! you had better post a pic of the bow will!
It's wrapped up.......I'll post up some pics on his B-day;-)
Thanks folks I'm sure he'll like the Package !

Bow Walker
01-06-2008, 03:56 PM
Those arrows look great Will. Good job on the 'personal touches' that's what makes them special.

Shed Hunter
01-06-2008, 04:31 PM
I like them send them to me. I think Joshua Will like them

buckguy
01-06-2008, 04:33 PM
Will,
WOW....great job,they turned out well. I am sure he will love them and the memories you guys will share. :-)

.308win
01-06-2008, 09:12 PM
Thats awesome Will!.....Can't wait to see pics of the young fella and his bow!.....Great job Dad!!!

Perry

J_T
01-07-2008, 10:09 AM
Good job Will. Something therapeutic about making your own arrows. And something very rewarding in giving a hand made gift to someone you love. They look great.

My brother also uses the signature bear paw on his arrows. Cool.

Will
01-07-2008, 04:07 PM
It's a Paw and a Deer track ! Tough to print his name on the round shaft though.........
The shafts were already dipped and crested.......just had to re Fletch and put the tips on:cool:

Actually it is kinda fun (arrow work) and a helluva nice change from the reloading bench too BTW ! :wink:

Thanks for the good words folks:biggrin:

BlacktailStalker
01-07-2008, 11:31 PM
Thats a nice present.
He'll be saying " I remember when my dad made me a set of arrows and gave me this bow I still have.." on HBC about 30 years from now :)
Pretty cool.
He'll be able to go after those out of season rabbits with you :rolleyes:

Will
01-10-2008, 10:20 PM
Well I think this Smile says more then I could ! :D
He seems pleased..;-)
http://usera.imagecave.com/BCWILL/BowStuff/Josh30yearoldbow.JPG

BIGHUNTERFISH
01-10-2008, 10:36 PM
Thats really cool Rick,good for you.Hopefully he doesnt shoot you in the ass.:smile:

Will
01-10-2008, 10:39 PM
Thats really cool Rick,good for you.Hopefully he doesnt shoot you in the ass.:smile:
That's what I was thinking.......But I rounded over the tips so it'll just leave a welt...............unless he gets er dead centre ! :shock:
;-)

.308win
01-10-2008, 11:03 PM
Now thats a smile to remember!!!....When do we get some bow in action pics!?!....Congrats to the little guy!

Perry