PDA

View Full Version : Dinsdale property question

trapperdan2061
01-03-2008, 02:23 PM
How does one gain access to hunt this property?

I called and the girl that answers knows nothing.

Thanks Dan

Marc
01-03-2008, 04:12 PM
You need to belong to one of the fish and game clubs and have the 2 million liability insurance I think.

emkul
01-03-2008, 08:18 PM
you need 2 million liability insurance and then call jack bone not sure of his # but it's in the duncan phone book.The first three days are drawn names then you just call and ask if there is any spots no more than 6 guys in the field per day.

HuntNHookSports
01-03-2008, 08:21 PM
If you want to hunt the Ex-Dinsdale property you will need the 2 million liability (BCWF, NFA, or a rider on your home insurance).

The geese get a lot of hunting pressure there in the spring, mostly from me as I live around the corner.

Please, please, please.... If any one is going to hunt there, do not shoot at the geese unless you get an honest shot at them (under 40 yards). Some people hunt it for days, each time getting the geese a little closer for that one goose folding shot. It only takes one person sky busting at the geese and they will not even look at the spot for the rest of the season.

Also behave yourself out there as a lot of the locals are looking for any reason to shut us down. There was an incident out there last week between hunters and an anti. The hunter and his son acted as perfect gentlemen so I must commend them.

you need 2 million liability insurance and then call jack bone not sure of his # but it's in the duncan phone book.The first three days are drawn names then you just call and ask if there is any spots no more than 6 guys in the field per day.

Mr Jack Bone is no longer the contact. I would like to thank him for his service. If anyone wants the new contact number send me a PM and I will be happy to give it to anyone.

longshot
02-02-2008, 11:22 PM
Hi, e and my dad are new members to the website. The father and son on the dinsdale was me and my dad. Just Introducing ourselves. The locals around the Dinsdale like to give the hunters a bad time. If you do hunt there, just learn to ignore and don't make a big deal about it. After all, they really don't understand the true meaning of hunting.:smile:

A.D.M
07-27-2014, 08:16 PM
Hi,
I can see this is an extremely old thread. Anyone out there with current information about Hunting Dinsdale or the surrounding area?Looks like some decent open areas around there, according to the regs. Is there easy access? I'm new to gucking hunting on V.I. but have done lots in Delta/Ladner where I grew up.
Cheers

Scuba_Dave
08-01-2014, 11:46 AM
ADM Im looking for the same info. Going to try and PM HuntnHook. Just went out there for a peak at the area, looks okay, there are steep banks along the river to the left and there is a farmers field to the right, hay, don't know if its part of the permissionable area to hunt or not. There is a narrow dirt road going to the area and a fairly large "parking" area just before the road narrows more which leads to the gate.

nedarb2
08-13-2014, 09:10 AM
i would like to figure that field out too - please let us know what you find Scuba_Dave!
Or if anyone would like a buddy to hunt it with when the season opens up...

fowl language
08-13-2014, 10:26 AM
I was asked by the region 1 bcwf to assist in finding a new co ordinator for dinsdale for the 2014/2015 season. if anyone has any ideas please forward them along .we are in the midst of looking at a couple of people, but the more the merrier.....dale

HunterS81
08-24-2014, 02:05 PM
I was asked by the region 1 bcwf to assist in finding a new co ordinator for dinsdale for the 2014/2015 season. if anyone has any ideas please forward them along .we are in the midst of looking at a couple of people, but the more the merrier.....dale
I would be willing to put my name in for the co-or donator position. Message me or email me privately. Thank you

Madcook
10-11-2014, 08:27 AM
Hi there has there been a new person appointed to manage ex-Dinsdale this year if so do you have the info.

Thanks

Junho
10-05-2015, 09:33 PM
Hi everyone, I realize this thread is quite old now, but I too am looking for the contact information for the ex-Dinsdale property.

Also, I'm wondering if anyone would like to volunteer to answer some of my questions clarifying the legal hunting areas of the estuary that would be great. I'm doing my best to research and make sure that I do everything by the book; I think I have it mostly figured out but it would be nice if someone could tell me that I've got it right.

I'm a member of VFGPA, so I've got my liability insurance. If it would help to join the local club and get information from there, I'm more than happy to join the Cowichan Fish and Game as well. I get that there's a lot of anti's out there just looking for a reason to shut us down, so I want to make sure I'm not one of those reasons.

Thanks in advance everyone!