PDA

View Full Version : Bowtech Allegiance question ?

NaStY
12-30-2007, 05:03 PM
This question has probably been asked a thousand times but, ive been thinking about getting a bow and was looking at the 2007 Bowtech allegiance. I have never used one before and will need allot of practice before i hunt with it. With that said i don't want to buy something, only to turn around and wish i bought something better. So for a noob shooter, what do you guys think of this bow?

All i can say is it is fully equipped and the price is pretty good. It will have proper draw length and tuned down to 55-60lb at first.

Bow Walker
12-30-2007, 07:43 PM
I can't think of a thing wrong with a setup like that. Especially one that fits your draw length. Alligiance is a great bow.

Ron.C
12-30-2007, 10:56 PM
I've had my Allegiance for a year now, and have had no problems what so ever. I shot 3d with it last year, and took two deer with it during the hunting season. A good, fast, quiet bow with very little hand shock. I do recommend that you get your hands on as many bows as possible as to make a comparison before making a final decision as different people like different things. Good luck to ya

Bowzone_Mikey
12-31-2007, 09:33 AM
This question has probably been asked a thousand times but, ive been thinking about getting a bow and was looking at the 2007 Bowtech allegiance. I have never used one before and will need allot of practice before i hunt with it. With that said i don't want to buy something, only to turn around and wish i bought something better. So for a noob shooter, what do you guys think of this bow?

All i can say is it is fully equipped and the price is pretty good. It will have proper draw length and tuned down to 55-60lb at first.

If it fits you ... and feels right in your hand ... I cant think of a problem with any bow ..let alone an allegiance...

the only reason I dont shoot one is that the hand grip doesnt feel right to me ....

NaStY
12-31-2007, 04:34 PM
[/quote].the only reason I dont shoot one is that the hand grip doesnt feel right to me ....[/quote]

That sounds like a pretty good reason to me? Is there anything else i should be looking at?

Bow Walker
12-31-2007, 07:28 PM
Can you drop into Boormans in New West. and shoot a couple of his bows. Would give you a feel of something different from Mathews.

Or....go into Specialty Shooting Sports Outdoors in Langley. Mike will have a few that you can try. Plus, he's local. Good for service work.

Bowzone_Mikey
01-01-2008, 09:30 AM
That sounds like a pretty good reason to me? Is there anything else i should be looking at?

the draw cycle as you pull it back to full draw ...you can feel the tension ramp up and the dump as the cams roll over to the holding weight whether or not the whole cycle feels right to you... If I am not mistaken the Allegiance is capible of swapping Cam moduals to give a smoother draw or a more aggresive draw cycle for a a faster bow ( Speed Mods vs. Smooth Mods.) Can a Bow Techie confirm that I am correct or wrong on that?

Another is Let off (the amount of weight the cams Dump to get your holding weight .... More often than not you have a choice of 85% letoff ...meaning you only hold 15% of the peak draw weight... or 65% Let off) Alot of hunters prefer the higher letoff ...because 15% of 70 for instance is only 21.4 pounds .... Target shooters generally prefer a lower Letoff as the back wall of the draw cycle feels firmer and a little more Crisp.

Now that all said ... My hunting bow ... Hoyt Super-Tec is set for 55% letoff and has probally some of the most aggressive cams ever on it. My Trykon I use for target (Its a hunters design but its painted up all pretty like) is a 65% let off.

Another thing to look at is Brace height (distance from throat of grip to the string at rest) Generally the rule of thumb is the larger the brace height the more forgiving to mistakes in form the bow will be. Most hunters seem to like the 7" brace .... alot of the higher end Target bows are pushing 8.5" brace .... the snotty speed bows are down around 5.5-6" (my Super-Tec is 5 & 3/4" while my Trykon is 7" brace) with a lower Brace bow ..if you hold incorrectly you will get slapped ;-)

Buying a bow is like buying a car ... you dont find the car ... the car finds you !!!!

If it aint right ... dont get it

NaStY
01-05-2008, 09:50 AM
Awesome! Thanks for the tips. I went in the other day to look at other bows and now im a little more confused. I am waiting till they get the proper cams in to adjust the bow for my draw length and from there i am going to give it a test. Thanks again for the tips and i hope to get out with it this year......

Ron.C
01-05-2008, 12:35 PM
If you do look at an allegiance, ask what year it is if it is not a new one. The grip on the 07 allegiance is different from the 06, it is quite small where the pre 07 grips are large. Mikey is correct as you can swap cam modules on the allegiance without a bowpress. They come in speed, or smooth option with a variety of draw lengths. You can also micro tune your draw length with the adjustable draw stop.