PDA

View Full Version : Back to the marsh

dave
12-29-2007, 05:12 PM
Well we finally made it back out into the marsh today after way too long a break. Family gatherings and Christmas just seemed to fill all the other weekends in December.

The boys and I had a good day, I just finished plucking so not getting a full limit wasn't so bad. All we saw today were mallards and wigeon. As usual the biggest flight of birds dropped into the decoys just as I finished setting out the decoys and was pulling the cover over the boat, the guns were still in the cases.

A little more wind and a little less water in the marsh would have made the conditions perfect (But who am I to ask for perfection). It was pretty quite out there I think I only heard one other group shooting.

Sorry Dano, the camera got left behind on this trip but I'll try and take a few pics next time.

Buck
12-29-2007, 07:27 PM
About time Dave i was asking Dano where you have been.We went out Wednesday it was a bit slow but i had a blast i'm really enjoying Duck hunting.

Dano
12-29-2007, 08:08 PM
Dave,
Saw your truck on the way out, haven't seen it for a while!
You probably heard us shooting. Thought we would limit on mallards by 8:30 but it took until almost 9 to get the last one. We shot well though, Dan tripled and doubled. I doubled twice, figure we shot less than 24 rounds between us.
No pics for me either. I'll bring the new camera tommorrow!
Dan