PDA

View Full Version : My first time.

Tanya
12-23-2007, 09:34 PM
Tanya's hubby John here;

My first time ever in 35 years of duck hunting to get a limit of all green heads.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/TRV58/Dec2307004.jpg

Schutzen
12-23-2007, 10:30 PM
Nice bunch a gankers there John. Does anyone still hunt down at the Bay? Had some memorable hunts there back in the day.

Dano
12-23-2007, 10:51 PM
I'm sorry to see you did so well John,...because I froze my A$$ off today and only bagged a drake pintail!!!:grin::grin::grin:
Nice spread of greenheads. The one on the end looks a little off color though, Tanya's bird? I've never limited out on green heads myself and like you have hunted for 35 years. 'Ol Dan and I came close one time, 14 greenheads and 2 hens. I guess there's hope for me but things were pretty bleak out in the marsh today so the near future doesn't look good.
Are you hunting a cornfield or pasture? The pasture at the farm I have permission to hunt had a fair number of mallards in it today and I may try there later in the week.
Keep the pics coming, my hands were so cold today I never took the camera out of the ziplock bag.
Dan

Tanya
12-24-2007, 06:57 AM
Tanya here. Ya, I ID'd the hen too late, we were trying not to take them. We were in our cornfield, the one that we couldn't get all the corn off of due to wet conditions. The field has since flooded a couple of times knocking all the remaining corn over. Literally thousands of ducks and a bear or two have been feeding there for the last month, it's getting cleaned up pretty good. Sure is fun to go out mid morning and get a dozen or more in a couple of hours. Working this weekend so we never even got there till 10:30.

Been to Cowichan Bay once this year when it was snowing hard. Took home I think 10 in a couple of hours, mallards, widgeon and pintail. At home we've only taken mallards, very fat mallards, passed on the wood ducks and the widgeon were there one day but didn't come in. Some days we can hear lots of shooting there, other days it's pretty quiet. With all the fields around the Valley with grass and corn scrap I think there are a lot of options for people this year.

Marc
12-24-2007, 07:01 AM
Tanya for god sakes get John to register his own user name so it's not so confusing. :biggrin:

Did I ever mention I've yet to shoot a drake mallard? :wink:

Schutzen
12-24-2007, 03:13 PM
Sounds excellent Tanya..my bro used to say that hot Duck huntin was the most fun you can have with your pants on! LOL