PDA

View Full Version : Wolves attack joggers in AK.

One Shot
12-23-2007, 11:55 AM
I did not want to hijack RockDoctors post, but here is a similar situation that I found on CNN this morning. I believe that wolves and coyotes have been evolving to learn that humans and pets are food forms. I have grown up in the back woods and have seen more attacks these days then in the past when they were non existant or unheard of exept at camp fire BS sessions. There was another post by a forum member this year having a similar experience. We used to have lots of wolves around our ranch but never had any at risk situations with them. They used to come in close and just sit, lay or walk by with out any threatening postures. But experiences with our livestock was a different situation which was dealt with quickly. I believe that we are about in the woods (including city parks) we need to look back over our shoulder more often not only to see where we have come from but also to see what is on our six stalking us. I have a friend in Whitehorse who says that wolves have learnt to patrol the city and snatch dogs from yards. It got so bad that they had a cull campaign there recently.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2007/12/22/alaska.wolf.attack.cnn

islandstalker
12-23-2007, 12:00 PM
wow "the only way to stop the wolves is to stay away" lol
i think the lady's need a PAL and a 10/22 for christmas.

BlacktailStalker
12-23-2007, 05:06 PM
Wow good clip.
I'd be walking my dog there every day, leashed, with my semi auto 12 and buck shot with the plug out.
Too good of an opportunity to pass up :)